Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoolBarrelBill

Rainier Arms uppers

I am thinking about getting an upper from Rainier Arms. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the quality of their uppers?

I was thinking about getting this one.

Rainier Arms specializes in high-end AR15 parts, AR15 accessories, AR15 grips, AR15 stocks, AR15 uppers, AR15 lowers, AR15 barrels and much more...
  • RedFalconBill

Rainier is GTG. They use a Sabre Defence barrel.

Comment

I purchased Rainer’s "Rainier Arms 20 Elite Upper" in 6.5 Grendel a couple of years ago. It came with a Sabre 20" SS 1/9" twist barrel & a 14" Daniel Defence "Lite" rail. I had Jon put a Sabre gill brake on it.
      I like Jon & co and have spent my share of mula with Rainer over the years but have to say I was somewhat disappointed in the initial accuracy of the upper considering the cost. The quality of components was good... the only build issue I noticed was the gas blocks set screw was dimpled visibly off center. Accuracy wise my hand loads and the one Black Hills factory load I tried averaged five shots into ~1 1/8" @ 100 yards. Occasionally I would get a 3/4" group but they were not the norm.
      Eventually I changed out the gas block for a PRI adjustable, sold the DD rail & put on a carbon fiber hand guard & a WCI brake. I also bedded the gas block & barrel extension. When changing the hand guard I noticed the barrel nut was not very tight at all, but probably in spec. The new barrel nut needed 80# of torque to line up with the gas tube.
      The upper now shoots very well... it’s much more accurate & consistent than in its original configuration.

John

Comment

Working...
      X