Good Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Timing

I decided to build up a 6.5G a while ago and about a week ago it finally worked to the top of the annual caliber project list. That process is ongoing and should come to fruition in a few days. In the mean time, I started looking for data and could not find this forum anymore. I was dismayed to discover it was down. The past few days, fellows over at beyond556.com were championing the cause. I still kept checking each day and lo and behold you're back!

I haven't bought manufactured ammunition in about 30 years and avidly reload. Actually, I still buy manufactured .22 ammunition. I look forward to doing a lot of reading to catch up the next few weeks. It'll take me that long to peruse the collection of information and opinions here.

Please be patient with my questions if they've already been covered. I do know how to use a search engine and will try to do so in advance whenever possible. Some times, the amount of information yielded by a search query can be overwhelming, whereas a quick question can be answered by an informed source.

TIA,

Hoot

Perhaps I spoke too soon. This was my first stop and the sub-forums appear to be starting anew...

Hoot

Comment

• Clod Stomper

Yeah, apparently everything from the old forum was lost. It's a shame, too. There was a lot of helpful information.

At least no one can chide you for not searching first.

Will

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Well, its possible that some of the data is recoverable. Grendelizer continues to work on that, but decided it was better to have a forum than no forum!

Glad its back!!

Comment

Hoot, since ALL may be lost, then who can fault you for any question since we're now all virgins? Maybe things will be less intimidating and we can just let fly the questions and get some sincere responses. No matter how many times you've kicked around a subject there is generally someone that will come up with a different point or approach or a tidbit of information that you never got before. I'm with you brother..........
          Dinger

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

No old information up, so ask away. The guys will be back!

Most of the good information will resurface as the members return.

Bill

Comment

I'm glad I found this.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                Well, its possible that some of the data is recoverable. Grendelizer continues to work on that, but decided it was better to have a forum than no forum!

Glad its back!!
                I hope I didn't come off as ungrateful to have this forum back on line. I am tickled pink. When I choose my annual new caliber to explore each year, I prefer to cozy up to a single caliber forum and soak up the knowledge base to help advance my own knowledge as rapidly as possible. The comfortable shooting season up here is short. It also has not arrived yet, so this is a great time to read everything I can find on the subject, take notes and develop an experimentation plan. I look forward to interacting with those in the know and absorbing whatever past data folks care to reload as well. I also have a .260 Rem bolt gun so this will be an interesting compliment to it.

Hoot

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hoot View Post
                  I hope I didn't come off as ungrateful to have this forum back on line. I am tickled pink. When I choose my annual new caliber to explore each year, I prefer to cozy up to a single caliber forum and soak up the knowledge base to help advance my own knowledge as rapidly as possible. The comfortable shooting season up here is short. It also has not arrived yet, so this is a great time to read everything I can find on the subject, take notes and develop an experimentation plan. I look forward to interacting with those in the know and absorbing whatever past data folks care to reload as well. I also have a .260 Rem bolt gun so this will be an interesting compliment to it.

Hoot
                  Not at all! We're glad to see you and look forward to listening to your experiences! Sounds like you have lots to share so don't be bashful.

Bill

Comment

Glad the site is up again. There was a lot of good information on the old one and hopefully it can be restored.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Gonna be a challenge to get the old back, but we'll see.

In the meantime, we want this to be a place where you can freely ask any questions without getting jumped on. Some of these older barbarians tend to be a cranky lot, I admit, but bwaites and I will try and administer timely skull thumps to keep 'em in line. . . .

John
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                      X