Berger's new 115gr 6.5mm bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berger's new 115gr 6.5mm bullet

Does anyone have any information on this? AA are advertising loaded rounds with a 115gr Berger bullet. I haven't found anything on Berger's website on it and haven't been able to speak to anyone at Berger of AA about it. If it's true it will certainly fill the niche between the 123 and 108 weight bullets nicely.

It's a special run for AA and the Grendel only right now. A Grendel-specific Berger 115gr...nice. Check the economy ammunition thread to learn more and details about pre-ordering.

Ok, not a true economy round but something I am thinking about running once a year to liven up the summer and pre-empt hunting season. Anyway I was looking at a limited run of 50k-100k of a Hornady brass cased round. Either with a Nosler partition or maybe a 115 grain Berger as a factory special. The run would be a once a year

Ok, not a true economy round but something I am thinking about running once a year to liven up the summer and pre-empt hunting season. Anyway I was looking at a limited run of 50k-100k of a Hornady brass cased round. Either with a Nosler partition or maybe a 115 grain Berger as a factory special. The run would be a once a year

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
      It's a special run for AA and the Grendel only right now. A Grendel-specific Berger 115gr...nice. Check the economy ammunition thread to learn more and details about pre-ordering.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...munition/page7
      I got an email from AA telling me about it. I hope Berger offer these for general use. Do you know what AA are running these at velocity wise? Also I understand Bwaites has developed some super hot loads for the 108, do you know if he has divulged what his velocities and load recipe is? I'm running 29.6 grains of xterminator and getting about 2740 from my 22 inch tube - this load is accurate in my gun and has stood me well at 1000 yds. I suppose you don't have a good load for the 123 gr SMK I have some Win748 to burn up and was hoping to find a load that would get me in the 2550 range or higher.

Comment

I'm not sure if he wants to publish them, but with the 28" pipe, they are way faster than 2740...way faster... PM him.

If I can get 2520 fps with TAC/120 SMK out of my 16", I don't see why you couldn't get 2550 fps from a 22" with 123 MK, but you have to evaluate how young and brave you are, or how long you want brass to last. I didn't see anything alarming to me...just ejector swipes. Could have been getting some cratering, but I don't remember.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I'm getting 2530 using 29.1 grs of TAC using Berger's 120 gr bullet. What load of TAC are you using to get 2520 from your 16 inch tube? You must be substantially higher than where I'm at.

Comment

When I ordered my case of ammo this am I asked what the velocity and sectional density would be; AA was not sure yet. (btw I have never heard of any other company making a 115 gr 6.5 bullet) I guess I am going to have to shoot some to see if I like the ammo. If I like it I am going to kick myself for not ordering more.

Comment

Working...
            X