Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwilson1985

hornady dies

my resizing die has a small hole where the shoulder of the case fits and its causing fairly deep gashes in the cases i polish all my dies but this is way to deep to polish out they r new i just gotem..anyone had issuies with these
  • skyfish
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

That is an air bleed hole. I use these dies, don't have that issue. May want to contact Hornady, always had very, very good service from them. Just would like to see them ad a competion sizer in Grendel! Just to work neck a little less, but I think with Hornady brass, the primer hole is more a concern than the neck cracking.

Comment

• jwilson1985

Originally posted by skyfish View Post
      That is an air bleed hole. I use these dies, don't have that issue. May want to contact Hornady, always had very, very good service from them. Just would like to see them ad a competion sizer in Grendel! Just to work neck a little less, but I think with Hornady brass, the primer hole is more a concern than the neck cracking.
      ya me to my beowulf dies r hornady as wellnever had any trouble different style case though almost like there was a piece of trash in it

Comment

Send it back. They'll replace it.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I get a occasional nick from the bleed hole but nothing that doesn't come out with polishing.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
          X