Hornady 6.5 Grendel 120gr Amax, Dangerous Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

ROTFLMAO!!

Hornady doesn't even LOAD the 120 AMAX, then to have it listed as a dangerous game load? Well....I guess it would be a dangerous game load...dangerous for the guy using it to hunt dangerous game!

Comment

That's a pretty big jump from the Grendel to the .300 Weatherby Mag!

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Well, you know, for that "little" dangerous game!

Comment

Maybe they're counting on repeated semi-auto fire into the dangerous game as it charges you...

Comment

Noticed that in their catalog too. Things that make you go hmmmmmm. Hey, what do you think the chances of Hornady loading a Superformance load in the Grendel would be? Flatten out the trajectory on a 123 A Max, and make a heck of a penetrating round in the 120 GMX.

Comment

Wild hogs are pretty dangerous ...... LOL.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                Well, you know, for that "little" dangerous game!
                Yeah... Rabid Prairie dogs.....Hallucinating Coyotes.... Horny Chupacabrahs...Armadillos hopped up
                on Meth....Crack smoking Jack Rabbits. Please don't get bent out of shape, I am not
                dissing the Grendel, I am poking fun at Cabelas for being ignorant.
                But seriously, I think the only TRULY Dangerous game I might grab a 6.5 Grendel for
                would probably be more along the lines of Wolves, Eastern Black bear,
                DEFINITELY COYOTES AND BOBCATS on down the food chain.
                Smaller hogs like 200Lbs or less that aren't paying attention....
                I don't think these are officially considered as Dangerous game.
                A big cat like the Mountain Lion/Puma might be though.
                But Home invaders, Rapists, Terrorists, Bad guys, Hogs having a bad hair day, or
                anything else, I am whipping out the 450 Bushmaster.

Comment

Not to mention the elephant in Florida taken out by a police officer's sidearm (I think he reloaded twice before the elephant gave up.) and the 40-odd lions, tigers, etc. taken out with standard police weapons a few weeks ago.

Could we be seeing a bandwagon effect?

Just think of the free advertising both Cabelas and Hornady get from this one!

BTW I couldn't find the 6.5 Grendel in Hornady's list of Dangerous Game Ammo.

I hope we see a correction soon or a very convincing explanation of why that load makes sense when intentionally hunting dangerous game. All that is proven by the elephant and lion episodes with police is that almost any weapon can cause an animal (or human) to expire, but it takes a lot more to assure that it happens and lets the hunter remain uninjured.

...I will admit to a certain shortness of humor at times.

Comment

I wonder if the Grendel will get one of the new Zombie loads.
                    I'll bet Joyce Hornady is spinning in his grave.

Cheers, Will

Comment

The grendel cartridge was made to fit in the AR platform and be more deadly than the current 5.56 on the most dangerous animal in the world. So yes you could call it a dangerous game cartridge.

Comment

• Glockzilla

Originally posted by WillD View Post
                        ...I'll bet Joyce Hornady is spinning in his grave.
                        I hope he isn't. If he is, it would mean that he needs one of them boolits in his own brain...

Comment

Working...
                        X