Experience ordering from AA - anyone have similar stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience ordering from AA - anyone have similar stories?

This isn't a bash thread, just wondering if anyone has experienced rather slow ship times from AA. I ordered an ammo gauge from them back on 08/30. They sent me a confirmation on the 31st, but still have no received the gauge. Emailed yesterday and have not received a response.

Call them, they are not ignoring you but he countless emails are maddening.

They do as they say they will do and you will get exactly what you paid for.

I hope you ordered the Sheridan gauge, it is awesome, I have one.

Comment

Originally posted by warped View Post
      Call them, they are not ignoring you but he countless emails are maddening.

They do as they say they will do and you will get exactly what you paid for.

I hope you ordered the Sheridan gauge, it is awesome, I have one.
      They only had a single gauge listed, and not many details on it. Looks standard and should do the trick.

Comment

I have always received what I ordered from them in an acceptable time table for East Coast to where I am. They're not super fast, but they are reliable.

Comment

I ordered a sheridan function gauge and a WCi brake from them. I think I received it within a week.

At the end of last month or the beginning of the month, I think AA was preparing for some event IIRC what Bill Alexander told me. That may be why you are experiencing delayed shipping from them.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
            I ordered a sheridan function gauge and a WCi brake from them. I think I received it within a week.

At the end of last month or the beginning of the month, I think AA was preparing for some event IIRC what Bill Alexander told me. That may be why you are experiencing delayed shipping from them.
            Thanks for the info.

Again, I really am not trying to portray them negatively. This wasn't my first order with them and have had positive experiences the other times.

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

AA did travel and have a booth at the Rockcastle 3Gun shoot in Kentucky the last week of August, and I suspect that they are still catching up.

That said, a phone call is in order. They respond more rapidly to phone than computer messages.

Comment

i ordered a few things like the trigger and a gas tube on the 17th of August. Just throwing this out there so you know its not just you waiting. I was told they didnt have the triggers right now and were waiting on them. But it might be because of the event they have been having. They are usually very fast. But in my case as i said they are waiting for the triggers to come in. It might be possible they are waiting on your stuff to come in as well.

Keith

Comment

• pinzgauer
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
                  I think I received it within a week.
                  I've had similar results.... but I've never ordered anything I knew was on lengthy backorder

Comment

• PumpActionJackson

i have been waiting over a month for my upper, every time i call them they say it will be 4 weeks, 4 weeks goes by and i call, and its another 4 weeks.

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PumpActionJackson View Post
                      i have been waiting over a month for my upper, every time i call them they say it will be 4 weeks, 4 weeks goes by and i call, and its another 4 weeks.
                      Uppers are a lot more complex, because there are multiple outsourced components. You could be waiting on a single promised part, or multiple promised parts, particularly if you wanted something that wasn't straight up normal.

Comment

I ordered a Grendel and a Beowulf from them. They delivered on time, exactly when they said it would. I have had nothing but good service from them.

Comment

• PumpActionJackson

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                          Uppers are a lot more complex, because there are multiple outsourced components. You could be waiting on a single promised part, or multiple promised parts, particularly if you wanted something that wasn't straight up normal.
                          yeah your right, who knows what they are waiting on parts for, maybe the side charging uppers are not too commonly in-stock.

Comment

• khamill2000

I ordered some mags from them a few months back and as I recall, it took about a month for them to arrive

edit:
                            just checked the history.
                            Ordered on May 6
                            Shipping notice received on May 27 with expected delivery on June 6
                            I finally received the package on June 14 after it was incorrectly sent to Oregon. Somehow the zip code got screwed up. Sent an email to AA and they (Melissa) promptly got it rerouted and sent me corrected info but UPS wanted it to go to Oregon before they would sent it to me.

Anyway, ordered 5/6 and was expected to be here on 6/6 so about a month wait.
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2011, 12:07 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Working...
                            X