Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from up here

Hi everyone,

From Montreal area wish to know more on the 6.5 grendel.

First question, after an unsuccesful search, any one has a 6.5 grendel build with a CZ 527? AR are not legal friendly up here. Maybe a Ruger mini 30, Sure would like to know more on any CZ 527 conversion.

Thanks!
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Varoum View Post
    Hi everyone,

From Montreal area wish to know more on the 6.5 grendel.

First question, after an unsuccesful search, any one has a 6.5 grendel build with a CZ 527? AR are not legal friendly up here. Maybe a Ruger mini 30, Sure would like to know more on any CZ 527 conversion.

Thanks!
    Welcome, and at least one member here owns a CZ conversion, hopefully he will see this and post!

Comment

I did find a thread with a CZ 527 project. But it appears that the Grendel is...

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
      Regarding a bolt action, quite honestly the Grendel chamber is not the place to start if you are chasing the Benchrest bug. It is too much of a compromise and does not get the best from the cartridge if the requirement to run in full auto is removed.

Bill Alexander
      My rig is for hunting and range shooting. Which chamber is good for a bolt action?

I want a 6.5 caliber carbon wrap barrel. This would be my second carbon wrap barrel. Still waiting for the first barrel from http://proofresearch.com/ The carbon wrap barrel will be chambered in a .20 Extreme. Thanks!

Comment

You can get AR15's in Canada, just not imported from the US, as I understand it. I've seen some reviews of a Chinese copy of the M4 that was imported to Canada, as well as their QBZ-97 export rifle in 5.56 that takes STANAG M16 mags. Doesn't make a bit of sense at all, but I've seen hands-on reviews by Canadians that purchased these rifles in Canada within the past 5 years. Even if you're limited to a 5-round magazine capacity, you could still probably find a way to build a Grendel there.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Varoum View Post
          I did find a thread with a CZ 527 project. But it appears that the Grendel is...

My rig is for hunting and range shooting. Which chamber is good for a bolt action?

I want a 6.5 caliber carbon wrap barrel. This would be my second carbon wrap barrel. Still waiting for the first barrel from http://proofresearch.com/ The carbon wrap barrel will be chambered in a .20 Extreme. Thanks!
          For hunting the Grendel chamber is perfect, it allows you to shoot many different bullets with good accuracy for all of them. So you can use anything from 80-130 grains with confidence.

For BENCHREST there are better options, and that was what Bill Alexander was pointing out.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Aside the copyright aspect, were could I buy a 6.5 Grendel reamer. See you!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Welcome, Varoum!

John
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
              X