• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burnsome
    Warrior
    • Jun 2011

6.5 brass value?

i've accumulated a lil' bit (Wolf, Hornady, & LBC and more being picked up off the ground every outing. i dont reload, so am wondering what a fair price is for 6.5 brass is these days?

• longdayjake

Its worth some good money. I will give you 20 cents apiece. Others will probably give you more though.

Comment

• MrDraco
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

New brass sells for $60-$70 per 100. I bet you could easily get $50 per 100.

Comment

50:100? Naw! Only a fool would pay 90% of the retail cost of Lapua brass for hornady and wolf once fired.

$20:100 isn't terrible for once fired but the wolf inclusion drops the value to where I wouldn't pay that much. Separate out the wolf and you'll get better returns. Sell the wolf cheap.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Rough estimate:

Lapua once fired brass: .40-.50/piece
          Hornady once fired: .30-.40/piece
          Wolf once fired: .20/piece

Those are just my estimates.

Comment

yeah... that's better.

Comment

• StoneTower

The best advice would bet to get a good single stage reloader, a set of Redding D series dies a powder scale and a dial caliper and start reloading yourself. You will have fun and you will be able to shoot more.

Comment

• burnsome
                Warrior
                • Jun 2011

thanks for the inputs...new to 6.5G so didnt know. i have reloading capabilities, just dont load for auto-loaders anymore and pretty much stick to loading up specific loads for my bolt guns. once i get down to counting what i have, i guess i'll post them up forsale at the following if its a fair price.

Lapua once fired brass: .40/piece
                Hornady once fired: .30/piece
                Wolf once fired: .20/piece

is Laupa the same as LBC (Black Hills Les Baer loads) brass? i've got around 100 of the LBC, probably 50-60 of the Hornady, and a couple hundred of Wolf at this point in time.

Comment

• Drifter
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by burnsome View Post

is Laupa the same as LBC (Black Hills Les Baer loads) brass? i've got around 100 of the LBC, probably 50-60 of the Hornady, and a couple hundred of Wolf at this point in time.
                  LBC brass is supposedly Hornady with a different headstamp. Thus, 264 LBC and 6.5 G Hornady brass are considered the same.

I'll buy the Hornady / LBC brass when you're ready to sell.
                  Last edited by Drifter; 10-01-2011, 06:02 PM.
                  Drifter

Comment

• leopard6.5

burnsome:

As far as the Black Hills Gold 6.5 Grendel 123 gr. Sierra Matchking ammo that Les Baer sells, it may depend on when you purchased it.

I have the Black Hills ammo from Les Baer and it is loaded in AA/Lapua brass. The headstamp on the brass says AA on it. Otherwise it may be Hornady or still Lapua.
                    You may want to call either Les or Black Hills and get clarification.

Good Luck.

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by leopard6.5 View Post
                      burnsome:

As far as the Black Hills Gold 6.5 Grendel 123 gr. Sierra Matchking ammo that Les Baer sells, it may depend on when you purchased it.

I have the Black Hills ammo from Les Baer and it is loaded in AA/Lapua brass. The headstamp on the brass says AA on it. Otherwise it may be Hornady or still Lapua.
                      You may want to call either Les or Black Hills and get clarification.

Good Luck.

Lee
                      Lee,
                      you are quite right several months ago when I ordered from Les he had to check the brass as to small or large rifle primer.
                      If I recall correctly LBC marked brass Large Primer = Hornady for sure as he had hornady bunt them with .264 LBC, LBC ammo that used Lapula and AA was marked with lapula/AA but there may be exceptions to this.
                      Cost wise it was actually cheaper for me to order from AA vs LBC as Les sold by the piece.

after posting this checked the Last batch of LBC that I got ..... small rifle primers now I'm not sure about Hornady vs Lupula
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2011, 02:52 AM.

Comment

I'll buy it all off ya ....... let me know how many of what you have and we can work out a fair price.

Comment

Go Mutt
                          Hope the deal goes through for the good of both of ya best wishes

Comment

• bwaites
                            • Mar 2011

Black Hills used both Lapua and Alexander Arms brass, marked as such, when they were initially loading the Black Hills Grendel loads for Les Baer. Those loads were 123 Sierra Match Kings.

When Black Hills converted to LBC .264, they switched to Hornady 123 AMAX's. That brass is Hornady brass marked as LBC .264. The brass is identical to Hornady Grendel brass, except in the head stamp.

Lapua, Alexander Arms, Hornady and LBC brass are ALL small primer brass.

The only large primer brass is Wolf!

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                              Black Hills used both Lapua and Alexander Arms brass, marked as such, when they were initially loading the Black Hills Grendel loads for Les Baer. Those loads were 123 Sierra Match Kings.

When Black Hills converted to LBC .264, they switched to Hornady 123 AMAX's. That brass is Hornady brass marked as LBC .264. The brass is identical to Hornady Grendel brass, except in the head stamp.

Lapua, Alexander Arms, Hornady and LBC brass are ALL small primer brass.

The only large primer brass is Wolf!
                              I pulled the LBC brass that I ordered out (btw never loaded since I was PCSing here to AR) and low and behold small rifle primer when I ordered I asked LBC what size primer was used the Lady stated Large rifle primer Hence is why I posted what I did.
                              Thanks Bill
                              BTW didn't Hornady make their brass with Large rifle primer? if not then I recall this incorrectly

Comment

Working...
                              X