• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Hornady Z-MAX

Will Hornady offer the Z-MAX in 6.5 Grendel?

Is this a joke?

Comment

I would buy some just for the cool factor (as I expect many others would). However it only seems to be availible in Canada at the moment.
      Maybe if we all whine to Hornady, they will offer it down here...

Comment

They have not "officially" announced it, but I have confirmation from a source that it is real and will be announced in November. Some retailers have jumped the gun and are taking pre-orders.

Comment

I have emailed Hornady to see what they say, but do you have any info on it??? Is it a new bullet that they are coming out with, or just something they have with a facelift?

Comment

Didn't ask, I assume it's just an amax or vmax with a green tip. They will announce the details at the NASGW, which is at the beginning of November I believe.

Comment

So, am I the only person who thinks this is a sad state of affairs? Is that the mentality we portray to marketing pukes? Really!?

Hoot

Comment

shoot I would just like to a empty box to put some of my reloads into

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Hoot View Post
                  So, am I the only person who thinks this is a sad state of affairs?
                  Probably not, although personally I find it merely amusing.
                  Is that the mentality we portray to marketing pukes? Really!?
                  Actually, yes. Do a search for "zombie" on any gun forum to see how widespread and popular the topic is.

Hornady is just trying to cash in on the fad, as some makers of AR lowers have been doing for awhile. Fer instance: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2669

Only possible downside I see with zombie ammo is the negative political BS the anti-gun crowd might try to make of it.

Comment

LOL ..... I think it's funny as hell. There are so many "Just in case" "SHTF" "when the zombies come" types out there that this will probably sell rather quickly. Juse for the funny factor.

Comment

Have you not seen Zombieland??? You never know when your hot neighbor down the hall is going to be attacked by some homeless guy that ate a bad cheeseburger... You have to be prepared, and search for the long lost Twinkies, or become zombie food...

Comment

ill buy it just for novelty. That box is awesome. would be perfect with a spikes zombie lower!

Comment

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                          Only possible downside I see with zombie ammo is the negative political BS the anti-gun crowd might try to make of it.
                          As in "Why do you hate zombies?" or "If only one zombie child's life is saved, it will be worth it."

Comment

• stanc
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ofreen View Post
                            As in "Why do you hate zombies?" or "If only one zombie child's life is saved, it will be worth it."
                            Precisely. Just because zombies suffer the severe misfortune to have become physically impaired is no reason to kill them. After all, it could happen to anybody...

Comment

Looks like "they're coming!" I emailed Hornady about where in the US I can preorder the zombie z-max ammo...... this was the response i got.

Andrew

Thank you for your inquiry. Please watch our website Friday, October 14th... a new product introduction from Hornady!
                              For a sneak peak, watch the video on our YouTube Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/hornadymanufa.../5/JpwMyfBOVxI
                              Team Hornady Members and Hornady Face book "fans" will get an early look at this product in detail on Thursday, October 13th.
                              Thank you again.

Hornady Sales Team
                              phone 1-800-338-3220

Watch the youtube video. It doesn't show much, but Hornady is really playing up to the zombie lovers..... pretty cool for them to have some fun with this.
                              Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X