FMJ Bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMJ Bullets

Any other FMJ available in the 120 grain range other than the Norma? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Looking for a bullet for a good coyote/lynx load for this winter.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Not in the 120 range, but the 110 grain Barnes Bnded Solid works very well to preserve pelts.

Comment

The Barnes looks like a good choice. Thanks, now to find somebody that has those in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
        Not in the 120 range, but the 110 grain Barnes Bnded Solid works very well to preserve pelts.

Is that you'd use an FMJ on a "varmint?" to preserve the pelt? I was thinking there are alot better choices for varmint hunting than an FMJ.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
          Can't find these either. Barnes doesn't even have them.

Comment

Don't suppose anybody would part with some??? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
              Is that you'd use an FMJ on a "varmint?" to preserve the pelt? I was thinking there are alot better choices for varmint hunting than an FMJ.
              Yep, most hollowpoints or soft points turn varmints inside out and turn the pelts into bannana peals ....... LOL.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by blackfoot View Post
                Any other FMJ available in the 120 grain range other than the Norma? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Looking for a bullet for a good coyote/lynx load for this winter.
                Midway is taking orders, shows them on back order, due in October 25th: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=464397

They are very accurate.

RR
                Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2011, 03:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by stanc
                  Lotsa luck. They will likely be harder to find than the Norma FMJ. Barnes stopped selling the brass solids, as a result of recent BATF enforcement of the ban on AP handgun bullets.
                  Guys I am really tired of the left field and the BATF on issues such as this. Wish I had the foresight on this one and stocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
                    Midway is taking orders, shows them on back order, due in October 25th: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=464397

They are very accurate.

RR
                    Well, just as the "due date" got close, they moved the expected date into December. I have a feeling they have no idea, they just move it back as the date approaches.

Comment

You can still get the banded solids from barnes directly. http://www.barnesbullets.com/product...banded-solids/

Comment

Originally posted by earl39 View Post
                        You can still get the banded solids from barnes directly. http://www.barnesbullets.com/product...banded-solids/
                        Nope, they have stopped the manufacture of banded solids in .223 and .264 pending BATF's conclusion on their legality.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by blackfoot View Post
                          Well, just as the "due date" got close, they moved the expected date into December. I have a feeling they have no idea, they just move it back as the date approaches.
                          Yeah, the way it was explained to me is that Norma takes orders and fills a shipping container for it's US distributor. When the container is full it goes on the boat.

A bunch of us on here special ordered some and it took about 4 months to get them IIRC. Contact Sports World, Tulsa (http://www.sportsworldtulsa.com/), they may still have some.

The Barnes 110 solids were OK, but because they are brass, they are very long for their weight, so getting a good powder load is a problem. Also, I believe Stan's tests showed the Norma FMJ did better at steel penetration.

RR

Comment

Prvi makes a 120 grain FMJBT, been shooting those, not a bad bullet. Got some from Graf on sale for approx 18.00/100, not sure what price is now.

Comment

Originally posted by ruger View Post
                              Prvi makes a 120 grain FMJBT, been shooting those, not a bad bullet. Got some from Graf on sale for approx 18.00/100, not sure what price is now.
                              I'm only seeing a 120 HPBT, and a 139 FMJBT. Am I missing it?

Comment

Working...
                              X