First Groups Factory Hornady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Groups Factory Hornady

Well my first rounds through my new LBC .264 were factory Hornady 123 AMax. Looks like my handloading has some big shoes to fill (or little holes). Starting with Scenars, AA brass, and Lapua brass with Fed 205M primers and 8208. Hope I can match or better this.

• bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Sweet!! Nice shooting!

Comment

That looks sub 1/2 MOA...for 3 rounds at least...he-he...

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        That looks sub 1/2 MOA...for 3 rounds at least...he-he...
        Yeah, just excited to get out and shoot it, so I just bought two boxes of ammo. I'll be shooting 5 shot groups with my handloads. Waiting for my Scenars to arrive.

Comment

awesome shooting!! hopefully i get the same results through my templar custom barrel since i will be using the same ammo

Comment

I'm in the same shoes are you are with the Grendel Ammo. I shot groups almost identical to those (but I think mine were a little tighter... : ) So I have some loads that I'm hoping to get out and try out today. It's windy out now, so hopefully I can get it to die down enough when I get to the range to get good accuracy out of them without having to take the wind into the equation...

Comment

If the Hornady factory ammo shot that well through my 264 LBC, I think I'd give up reloading. Even if a couple more shots opened that group a tad, it's still darned good accuracy in my book.

Comment

The test group from the factory was tighter than this with 5 shots at 100 using Black Hills factory. I measured it at .201".

Comment

what distance were these shot from? 100 yards? Just curious, but what scope/magnification were you using?

Comment

100 yards. Vortex Viper HS 4-16 (loner until my 6-24 PST arrives).

Comment

Working...
                    X