Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the 6.5 fold

Hi folks,

I'm a babe in Grendel (actually .264 LBC) woods. If anyone's interested, she's built on a billet lower from Tavis Kiel with an A2 stock, DPMS small parts kit, YHM take down pins, Geissele SD-E trigger, KNS pins, and an Ergo grip.

The upper is from Travis as well. 18" FF, 1/7.5, with his linear compensator. Right now I'm sort ejection problems and hope a new Wolff ejector spring and buffer will make her run.

At the moment, she has pretty inexpensive glass (6.5x24x44 BSA mildot). One of these days we'll sort that. For now, she shoots 3/4MOA at 100 with Hornady grendel ammo. Load workup starts this weekend.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM.

Geisselle recommonds not to use the KNS pins with their trigger. I was looking at the kns pins for my geisselle until I found that out.

Comment

Welcome! What VFR do you ride?

Comment

Welcome. Are you sure you aren't having extraction problems? Let us know exactly what is happening, and we can maybe troubleshoot with you. What chamber was your pipe cut to, and who cut it? There are some chambers that have too tight of a neck diameter, which won't run well with some of the Hornady ammo that is toward the max in spec, although still within spec.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
          Geisselle recommonds not to use the KNS pins with their trigger. I was looking at the kns pins for my geisselle until I found that out.
          Thanks for the info. I hadn't run across that. Did the folks a Geissele explain why?

I'll give them a shout on Monday. Again, many thanks for the heads up.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WillD View Post
            Welcome! What VFR do you ride?
            An "02 800. You ride?

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Welcome. Are you sure you aren't having extraction problems? Let us know exactly what is happening, and we can maybe troubleshoot with you. What chamber was your pipe cut to, and who cut it? There are some chambers that have too tight of a neck diameter, which won't run well with some of the Hornady ammo that is toward the max in spec, although still within spec.
              Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what"s going on. As to the specs, all I can say with certainty is the upper and barrel are stamped .264 LBC-AR. I'll be calling the seller with that and a couple of other questions on Monday.

I R&Rd the BCG, bolt, and extractor and compared the parts to my 6920. The .264 did use a black buffer , but compared the Colt, the extractor spring was about 30% shorter and a much lower rate. I was orderling some other stuff from Brownell's so I added a 10 pack of buffers and a 3 pack of Wolff extractor springs. They are much closer to the Colt in size and rate.

I also noticed that it was a stone cold b*tch to get the bolt back into the BC. That was a first for me. The Colt has always gone together really smoothly, even with new gas rings. I tried the .264 bolt in the Colt BC and it went in as easily as the Colt bolt. On closer inspection, it looks like the .264 BC bolt carrier is cut with a step the gas rings have to get up while the Colt has a nice little chamfer. The Colt bolt seems just generally better finished all around. The gun seems to shoot really well accuracy wise and I love the cartridge. However, I have to say, at this point I'm a little disappointed in the execution.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2011, 04:44 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Hey, VFR, welcome!

John
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Originally posted by vfrdrvr View Post
                  Thanks for the info. I hadn't run across that. Did the folks a Geisselle explain why?

I'll give them a shout on Monday. Again, many thanks for the heads up.
                  Sorry, I don't recall the reason, but I was in the processing of ordering parts.....and I removed the kns trigger pins from my order.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
                    Sorry, I don't recall the reason, but I was in the processing of ordering parts.....and I removed the kns trigger pins from my order.
                    That's cool. I appreciate the info.

Comment

Originally posted by JWH View Post
                      Hey, VFR, welcome!

John
                      Many thanks. Looks like a great place.

Comment

Working...
                      X