Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site, here for research on my 6.5 build

Greetings from Park City, Utah!

I just purchased an FDE upper/lower set from Spikes Tactical (their "Brown Recluse" set) and am leaning towards the 6.5 Grendel caliber (vs. 300BLK).

I already own a couple 5.56 NATO AR-15's and want something different. I've also been recently bitten by the NFA bug, so...a suppressor will definitely be in the build.

If only the ammo were a little more affordable...

...(I live in a condo and re-loading is, shall we say...frowned upon in the CCR's).

Welcome. Well since the grendel trademark has been released and anyone can make a one you should start to see more companies stepping up and making ammo and mags for alot cheaper.

Comment

Welcome. Have you shot any of the Park City long-range rifle matches by any chance? I'm in Sandy, and attended one of the matches up there last year, I think. Grendel ammo is getting ready to get much more affordable for high-volume shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Welcome. Have you shot any of the Park City long-range rifle matches by any chance? I'm in Sandy, and attended one of the matches up there last year, I think. Grendel ammo is getting ready to get much more affordable for high-volume shooters.
        No, I haven't had the chance to! So far, I've only done a couple 3-gun events and a couple steel challenges (all with UDPL).

Hopefully having a Grendel will change all that! And that's good news about the ammo. Shortly after my above post I stumbled into the Wolf offering. I don't think that stuff existed the last time I looked at the cartridge.

First up: A barrel. Lots of research and info here...and I'm looking forward to all the reading I have ahead of me. I've been a member of SIGforum for many years...all of this new (to me) material is very exciting!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Good to have ya, PCS. Welcome!

John
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X