Looking for extruded powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for extruded powder?

I have a 28" barrel and was looking for a slower burning extruded powder to work with. Was told Varget was too big and you could not get enough in the case. Also read were VV540 was corrosive to the throad and clogs the gas port.

Has anyone tried IMR 4320? I like what I have read about IMR 4320 but have not seen any load data for 6.5 Grendel.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2011, 06:11 PM.
  • rasp65
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Brick The density of the powder will not allow you to get enough in to get any kind of performance. Although I have not tried it 8208 seems to be the one extruded powder that gives good results in the Grendel.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Try XBR 8208. Finely extruded of the Extreme family, so minimal temp sensitivity. Im also working on 28 inch loads.

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

AR-Comp works well for me, and seems to be a little slower burning versus 8208.
        Drifter

Comment

Worked with some 8208 recently & liked it pretty well in my 24" bit got a tiny bit better accuracy in a slightly wider range. with leverevolution but my results are fairly subjective. I wouldn't hesitate to use 8208 if I couldn't get leverevolution.

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

8208 works great for me with a 20" barrel but it might be a bit fast to get the full potential of your 28" barrel. IMR 4064, Reloader 15 or Varget might be better. No experience with AR Comp yet but I've heard good things.
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

A shooter whose judgement I trust greatly told me that he gets very good results with 8208 in his Grendel as well as his precision 308 rifle. His Grendel has a 20 inch barrel.

I trust him well enough that if he said the parachute he was handing me would work, I would trust it. I think that says alot about my trust in him.

Comment

Working...
              X