Anyone have reloading data for the 6.5 Grendel out of a 10.5" barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have reloading data for the 6.5 Grendel out of a 10.5" barrel?

Please share any data you may have.

Also, is there any reloading data for people who reload Wolf brass? Thank you.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2011, 08:08 PM. Reason: Added question.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Variable, wherefore art thou Variable?

Comment

• rasp65
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Look here: http://brleather.net/Reloading_Data/...5_Grendel.html

Comment

You can get estimates of muzzle velocity for your barrel if you have load data for a different barrel length. Try looking at http://shootersnotes.com/calculator/velocity-estimator/ that generates estimates for changed barrel lengths as well as for reduced loads.

You can find 79 Grendel loads at http://ammoguide.com/?catid=456 (No chronograph data for 10.5" barrels, however) This site requires a modest membership fee.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
          Variable, wherefore art thou Variable?
          Here I art.... Unfortunately I don't have much specific to the 10.5". All that I posted is gone now with the old board. Bill Alexander posted a hum dinger of a load for the 108 Lapua out of a 10.5" tube. I was going to go after that one too, but never got around to it. Been too busy. I mostly just shot my 120gr. Nosler BT loads through it for handloads. I also meant to pursue some 85gr. Sierra HP zingers for ground hogs. Other than that blasted lots of 120 Wolf Gold through it.

I'll have to dig at home for any chrono data I can find. Sorry I'm not much help tyhis go 'round.
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• VA Bigbore

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
            I have some updated data and am currently working on some new loads if you are interested. You can contact me through my website if I don't catch you back here. I don't regularly check the forum as there is not much info on the setup that I am using. I have an Encore with a pistol barrel not an AR.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Bigbore View Post
              I have some updated data and am currently working on some new loads if you are interested. You can contact me through my website if I don't catch you back here. I don't regularly check the forum as there is not much info on the setup that I am using. I have an Encore with a pistol barrel not an AR.
              So 1.5 years later, how did those new loads work out?

Comment

Bill Alexander siad he is getting 2500fps with the 100gr Berger out of 10" guns right now, using some industrial powder. It even surprised him.

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  Bill Alexander siad he is getting 2500fps with the 100gr Berger out of 10" guns right now, using some industrial powder. It even surprised him.
                  Yeah, dang it. I think I'm going to have to pony up and buy some of those. I hate to spend the money, but 2500fps is smoking!LOL
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Here's what the 100gr Berger does for trajectory and deflection at 2500fps mv from a 100yd zero:

Code:
                           Range    Velocity    Energy     Trajectory         TOF          Drift
                          (yards)     (fps)     (ft-lb)       (MILS)         (sec)         (MILS)
                              0      2500        1388           0.00         0.0000         0.00
                            100      2268        1142          -0.00         0.1260        -0.29
                            200      2048         931          -0.57         0.2652        -0.62
                            300      1841         753          -1.53         0.4197        -0.97
                            400      1650         604          -2.72         0.5918        -1.37
                            500      1475         483          -4.15         0.7842        -1.80
                            600      1322         388          -5.85         0.9992        -2.28
                    That would be a great 300-450yd cartridge that fits in a PDW package.

Comment

• BjornF16
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

I realize the Berger 100 HPBT is a "Target" bullet (maybe Varmint as well), but what about whitetail from 14.5" barrel?
                      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                      X