Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronograph

Which one are you using?
    Im looking at the F-1 chrony and have heard mostly positive reviews.
  • m796rider
    Warrior
    • Jul 2011

CED M2, and if you can swing it the optional infrared sensors. My M2 has never failed me in all sorts of lighting conditions across multiple types of firearms from 9mm pistols to a .338LM rifle.

Comment

I have the F-1. I get an error message about once every 8-10 shots. I don't think I would get another, although maybe that is a normal response.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

A buddy and I bought a new model PACT which uses a thermal printer and has shaded sky screens. Another friend had a Pact chronograph which always worked after he got the sun shade put on his sky screens.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 10-15-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m796rider View Post
          CED M2, and if you can swing it the optional infrared sensors. My M2 has never failed me in all sorts of lighting conditions across multiple types of firearms from 9mm pistols to a .338LM rifle.
          When you shot the 338 did the muzzle blast effect readings at all? Did you have to put anything in front of it to shield it?

Comment

• Drifter
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Pro Chrono Digital works fine for me.
            Drifter

Comment

• gophernuts

I have an f1 and it works fine. Have to write stuff down, but who cares?

Comment

• m796rider
                Warrior
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by YutYut View Post
                When you shot the 338 did the muzzle blast effect readings at all? Did you have to put anything in front of it to shield it?
                I've never had to do any to shield the M2, but I did move it from 10' out to 15' out for the .338LM. The unit still gave good readings, no errors.

I also have a PACT that did not work as well - that one gave me errors about 25% of the time. Frankly, if I'm going to the trouble to set up a chronograph, I want it to work every time.

Comment

I purchased a PACT but it never work right. Would read in shade fine but in direct sunlight it would no work at all. Purchased an Oehler model 35p and all I can say is it does not fail to give a reading. The only problem is that it is pretty big and comes in a gun case. Every time I take it to the range the range officer wants to see my "other gun" and I have to explain that its a chronograph.

Comment

Working...
                  X