Case dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case dimensions

I did a search for it on the forum. I have Hornady's dimensions for the case from their 8th reloading manuel. On the web you find different dimensions. Since the case is SAAMI approuved. Could we have the case dimensions? Thanks!
  • rasp65
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Look here: http://www.accurateshooter.com/techn...ams/#65Grendel

Comment

It will be interesting to see how these dimensions compare with the official SAAMI specs...

Comment

Bill Alexander has previuosly stated that the hornady brass was made to the high end of the grendel spec.

Comment

Ok, I'm sorry for asking but what is "high end"? Is that a really tight, close dimension or is it a loose dimension? Almost too big or almost too small? Thanks!
          MLM

Comment

• rasp65
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Big

Comment

Originally posted by mlmiller1 View Post
              Ok, I'm sorry for asking but what is "high end"? Is that a really tight, close dimension or is it a loose dimension? Almost too big or almost too small? Thanks!
              MLM
              On the big side of the specs.

Comment

Ok, thanks! In my rifle, the shoulder on the hornady gets blown way out, can't remember the dimension right now. I was really surprised, I know that, on how much it "grew". Course, I've never messed with really precise reloading before, either. It is all a new experience for me.
                MLM

Comment

• pinzgauer
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

The most current references on the SAAMI site was the new cartridges and changes from early 2011.

The SAAMI wheels seem to turn slowly and to a particular cadence. So even with no controversy it appears it can take 18 months or more to get approved, and longer to be published publicly.

Comment

I'll have to wait 18 months. Geeeeeeee!

Comment

• pinzgauer
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Varoum View Post
                      I'll have to wait 18 months. Geeeeeeee!
                      Nah, the 18 month clock started over a year ago as far as I can tell.

But the newest spec currently published on the saami site was approved back in early 2011. Hopefully someone will publish the saami diagram and we won't have to wait for SAAMI to put on their site.

Comment

Working...
                      X