X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasgrunt

LW Barrel a faux pas?

Gents,

I built a 6.5 with a LW barrel (post Grendel licensing) and I'm wondering if I have precluded myself from being a "Grendelite"? I love the round and have run all AA and Hornady through my rifle, but I am concerned I may get the "Bastard" treatment due to the technically non-Grendel set-up. Also, since my rifle is not barreled Grendel, what do I call it?

Lots of great information here. Hope to stick around.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome! My first Grendel was an LW barrel, that finally went away after 6000 rounds or so.

I am a dedicated Grendelite, but the consumer is the one who has taken the flak for disagreements in how the Grendel was handled. I agree 100% with Bill Alexanders decision to handle licensing the way he did, but I certainly understand the difficulties that some buyers faced because of those issues. Many didn't even realize there were issues until long after they had their rifles!

BUT....I've talked about this with many owners, and even discussed it at length with Bill. Although we acknowledge that the "clone" barrels may have issues with factory ammunition, the purpose of those barrels was to take advantage of a great cartridge, and we all want everyone who shoots a Grendel or clone to be happy with what they have.

Probably half the members here have variants of some kind: CSS, LW, LBC .264, 6.5 Sporter, whatever.

We are a community dedicated to the cartridge, and we are determined to help and befriend all who want to belong and do so in a responsible, adult, and interactive way.

There will be some good natured ribbing from time to time, but its all in good fun, we don't much tolerate those who want to bicker and fight over everything. Everyone would do well to try to emulate the spirit of the quote in my signature, and by a vast majority, most do!

Welcome again!

BTW....pictures of your rifle are required!

Comment

Welcome. It's just another cartridge/system in the tool box at the end of the day. This forum abides by very gentlemanly conduct, which is nice compared to a lot of other places where people feel free to ridicule, harass, name-call, attack one's character, and so forth. None of that here.

Comment

I think Bill and LR pretty much summed it up!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Hey, TG, welcome and enjoy shooting what you got. It's all good, man.

John
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Howdy! What part of Texas are you in?
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• texasgrunt

I live in Huffman (NE side of Lake Houston). Many Houston-area members?

Comment

Welcome

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Originally posted by texasgrunt View Post
                  Howdy. I remember Huffman. My grandparents lived in Humble for several years in the early 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by texasgrunt View Post
                    Hello all from Humble, Texas. Built my first AR15 last year from scratch...am acquiring parts to build another in 6.5 Grendel. Hey Texasgrunt ....l.I grew up in Huffman, but live now in Atascocita.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Howdy! I grew up in Tomball. Not far from there.
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Gotta love those names for Texas towns!!

Comment

Working...
                        X