• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justified
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2011

Wolf Polyformance 110 gr FMJ

Has anyone seen this yet? Looks interesting.

Dave
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Announced by AA a couple weeks ago.

Bill

Comment

Actually, that load has been in Wolf's PDF catalog for two, maybe three years now, so I'll be glad when it finally hits our shores in bulk, supposedly early next year.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ss355 View Post
        Actually, that load has been in Wolf's PDF catalog for two, maybe three years now, so I'll be glad when it finally hits our shores in bulk, supposedly early next year.
        SS:

Actually, it is the same thing Alexander and Waites are talking about. Run a search as the same topic came up about three weeks ago and was discussed to death.

Bottom line is that no one will know if this ammo will be trash like the Wolf 123 grain Soft Point, or not. Even the first lot of Wolf MPT was only mediocre although the recent lots are well worth the money.

Also, it hasn't been the first time in Grendel history that an announcement was made at a trade show and took years to get to the consumer.

Just look at the 'Grendelf'. Wolf had that in their catalog too and so far, no Grendelf. Too bad as I heard it was extremely good for hunting and precision shooting. Even the military was interested due to a bullet design that apparently allowed it to penetrate one inch of RHA at 300 meters and then create a permanent wound cavity in human tissue (ballistic jel) starting at one inch of penetration and would open up to five inches of permanent wound cavity by the time it got six inches into the media.

The cost was apparently about $.50 per shot and the accuracy was guaranteed to be under one minute at 800 meters.

MV was in the 2950 range due to bullet design and a proprietary powder they were going to use. Even the bullet was considered 'Green' by the EPA and would have been legal even in California.

Yet the Grendelf disappeared from the Wolf catalog and for reasons no one knows. I bet they are going to sell it to a former Eastern Bloc country as a new military cartridge to replace the 7.62 X 39, 5.45, and 7.62 X 54 R.

LR1955

Comment

Working...
        X