Hello from Harmony, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Harmony, NC

I have been looking at this caliber for sometime because of the ballistics and knock down power out to 1000 yds, but have held off because of the cost and availability of ammo.

I live on a dairy farm and we have a serious coyote problem. The first AR I built in 5.56 is accurate enough but the ballistics over 500 yds leaves something to be desired. I look forward to building this new rifle over the next few months and then bagging some more pests.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!!

Comment

sounds like a plan. welcome

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Hey, Joverman, welcome! I am jealous of only two things in this life (well, maybe more, but these two at the moment ): Guys down in Texas who get to shoot hogs on a regular basis and guys who get to shoot coyotes. Have fun!

John
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by joverman View Post
          I have been looking at this caliber for sometime because of the ballistics and knock down power out to 1000 yds, but have held off because of the cost and availability of ammo.

I live on a dairy farm and we have a serious coyote problem. The first AR I built in 5.56 is accurate enough but the ballistics over 500 yds leaves something to be desired. I look forward to building this new rifle over the next few months and then bagging some more pests.
          Hi Joverman from Raleigh.

I shoot at the Durham Pistol and Rifle Club in Mebane. If you want to meet up there sometime and try out a Grendel, let me know and we'll set it up.

If you still want to shoot 5.56 and save some $$$ you can get a Fast Rail from Templar Consulting. You can put their barrel nut on your 5.56 barrel and get a Grendel barrel and bolt from him and and shoot both calibers from the same rifle. Swapping barrels takes about 2 minutes. It take a few more minutes to swap out the bolt.

RR

Comment

Thanks Rick I might take you up on that offer. I have a brother that lives in Raleigh so i might make the trip up there one weekend and try to meet you. I will look into the Templar Consulting part but tright now I have already got the blessing from my wife to start another gun build soI would hate to "disappoint" her by not building it.

Comment

• jwilson1985

welcome theres a lot of info and ppl to help you here let us know if theres any we can do for you

Comment

• RangerRick

Yeah, if you have spousal permission, it would be a crime to waste that opportunity! The last gun I got was an impulse buy, a beautiful 1914 model 96 6.5mm Swedish Mauser.

After all I had all those 6.5 bullets for reloading already! It sat in my trunk for about a month before I sneaked it in, LOL.

Just PM me on here if you want to get together sometime.

RR

Comment

Working...
                X