Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glockzilla

Hello from North Texas

Hi folks. Greetings from Cedar Hill in the Lone Star State.

Gotta love the 6.5, I also shoot the 260 rem in a DPMS.
    I just made my first post in the Accessories Forum wondering about what muzzle break I should get.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Howdy, GZ, good to have ya! BTW, I've got a Glock 32 in .357SIG. Thinkin' of trading it in for a Gen 4 9mm. . . .

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Glockzilla

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
      Howdy, GZ, good to have ya! BTW, I've got a Glock 32 in .357SIG. Thinkin' of trading it in for a Gen 4 9mm. . . .

John
      Hi John, I hear you, it's always tempting to trade for a Gen4 nine but at the and of the day you'll probably miss the G32.

Comment

Welcome. I also shoot a .260 Rem built with DPMS receivers, but a custom Bartlein barrel printing .3-.4 MOA 5-round groups with 139gr Scenars. It's a heavy beast, but shoots great for distance work. The Grendel is a lighter platform for me for hunting, and tinkering with. Fun cartridge to load for and shoot really...

Comment

Welcome. Im from Denton. What range do you go to?

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Howdy! My Muzzle brake is going to be a Ross Brake. I have one on my 450 Bushmaster and it's wonderful! Can't beat the price either. ($45.00). Email me for details, contact info and pictures. he has a post over on the 450bushmaster.net forum in the Market Section (Brakes For Sale). He makes them in three sizes and whatever threads you need. Stainless or CM.
            However, just to let you all know, it may be a few more weeks before he goes back into production. He had an accident on an ATV back around the opener of Dove season.

Comment

• Glockzilla

Originally posted by YutYut View Post
              Welcome. Im from Denton. What range do you go to?
              Hi YutYut, I'm going to the TDSA range, www.tdsa.net , south of Dallas west of I45. There is a 300yrd rifle range.

Where are you shooting?

Comment

• Glockzilla

Originally posted by Texas Sheepdawg View Post
                Howdy! My Muzzle brake is going to be a Ross Brake. I have one on my 450 Bushmaster and it's wonderful! Can't beat the price either. ($45.00). Email me for details, contact info and pictures. he has a post over on the 450bushmaster.net forum in the Market Section (Brakes For Sale). He makes them in three sizes and whatever threads you need. Stainless or CM.
                However, just to let you all know, it may be a few more weeks before he goes back into production. He had an accident on an ATV back around the opener of Dove season.
                Thanks for the info, Sheepdawg, I sent you an email.

Comment

Quail creek and magnum sports. They are the closest but 200 yards is the max. Ill have to check that one out thanks

Comment

Quail creek off of 34? I didn't know they had a 200yd rng. I may have to take another look at them. Granted hopefully I will have my own shortly. Gotta start looking for building plans.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Howdy Glockzilla!

Originally posted by HANKA View Post

John
                      I have a G31 I was also considering trading for a 9mm. I bought a 9mm conversion barrel from Lone Wolf Distributes instead and have been happy with it. It took a box or two to break it in but now it runs perfectly with good ammo. It still runs 95%+ with cheap steel cased ammo.

Less expensive 9mm for practice, more power when you need it. Win-win!

PS- 9mm will fire in a .357 sig barrel- the brass just looks a little funny when it ejects. I'd recommend marking your magazines well.
                      Last edited by txgunner00; 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM.
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                      X