Ramshot X-Terminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramshot X-Terminator

Does anyone know if Ramshot has recently changed the make-up of X-Terminator powder. I've typically been getting 2730fps using this powder with the 108 Lapua. At the weekend using the same load I found I was dropping about 3 MOA low through the ranges out to a 1000 yds. Anyone experienced a change with X-Terminator?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2011, 11:00 PM.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Mine is all from the same lot, so I'm no help!

Comment

I'm going to chrono these at the weekend just to check. I'm using 29.6 grs of X-T, the temperature was lower by about 20 degrees at the match I was at and the elevation was about 1000 feet higher than where I usually shoot, but even at that my calculations were based on JBM's output for that temperature and height. I can't think of anything else that my cause this unless my NF scope is US.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-25-2011, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I asked them awhile back if 2230 and x-term are same as, they said yes,,,, but I'm starting to wonder if they met those two in the middle ground= to make one powder into 2 diff . Brand, yet same as- containers. The speed is not perfectly consistant over diff. temps. Shoots well enough for hunting needs, tho. Btw, I'm switching to 8208 for cold hunts. Load the same wt. of 8208 as x-term, and it's less finicky in diff. temps.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
          I asked them awhile back if 2230 and x-term are same as, they said yes,,,, but I'm starting to wonder if they met those two in the middle ground= to make one powder into 2 diff . Brand, yet same as- containers. The speed is not perfectly consistant over diff. temps. Shoots well enough for hunting needs, tho. Btw, I'm switching to 8208 for cold hunts. Load the same wt. of 8208 as x-term, and it's less finicky in diff. temps.
          Does 8208 deliver the same velocity as X-Term?

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Very close, in what I've been doing, seems like 110 to 129wt. is where 8208 comes alive. I've used it down to 85 gr., but x-term is a tiny amount faster there. 8208 is amazingly clean though. I'm in the hunt for a quicker powder for 85- 95 wt. units . X-term is good old reliable to many of us, mostly soot to clean, minimal carbon build up. I have 1 more chance this sunday to compare the 2 one last time before deer hunts next wknd.

Comment

Working...
            X