Leverevolution and 8208 Range Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leverevolution and 8208 Range Results

Just got back from the range testing 8208 and Leverevolution with 123 Scenars. 24" LBC .264 LBC. I'll post more details later, but I got identical velocities with 31.6grains Leverevolution and 27.9grain of 8208. 31.6 of Leverevoltuion is all I can get in a case and seat the bullet even using a drop tube. Accuracy was similar with the 8208 group being a little tighter (one ragged hole with one called flyer), but the 8208 load gave a 10fps ES and a 4SD. 28.1 grains was same velocity as 27.9 but higher ES and SD, and not near as good of group, also started showing signs of pressure. Factory Hornady still shoots great too, but velocity is about 2470 vs 2544 for the 8208.

I'm wondering if my chrono is slow? Everything I shoot through it shows about 50fps slower than what I expect, in all rifles. I'm also shooting flatter at 550 than what the ballistic charts show, so it that supports my doubt. I'll be shooting on paper now at 600 to confirm my drop. Anyway, 8208 and Scenars it is for me. Wish I could get my hands on some 120 FMJ to work up before Alaska freezes over for the winter!!

on a 60 degree day i was getting 2620 out of factory amax and that was confirmed by my drop card all the way out to 1200 yards.

Comment

Were you loading 123gr bullets? I got high pressure signs at 31.3 with the LVR powder with Amax bullets & 30.4 with lapua bullet was TOO hot out of my rifle.

Barrel stats: 24" Satern cut rifling on a Noveske upper with a VAIS comp.

Data from exbal for 28.6 LVR with Lapua 123 bullets says the bullet is going 2640 with the 1 mil adjustment on my scope to center target at 300yds. I didn't get that velocity over my chrono but exbal is pretty much spot on for ballistic data, normally.

MLM

Comment

Working...
      X