Hello from Louisville, KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Louisville, KY

IMG_6442.jpgIMG_6449.jpgIMAGE_045.jpgIMAGE_046.jpghi, im new to this forum but not to the 6.5 grendel. i built mine about 3 years ago and have loved every minute of shooting it. the 6.5 is an amazingley fun and accurate cartridge to shoot. i look forward to siffting through the forum and checking it out. here are a couple pics of my build and the specs.

-alexander arms upper and bolt assembly
    -alexander arms 24" bead blasted barrel
    -DPMS lower and parts kit
    -MagPul PRS rifle stock
    -VTac free float hand guard
    -JP adjustable gas block
    -JP tank break(when im not using the AAC supressor)
    -Ergo SureGrip
    -Millett LRS scope
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Hey, AD, welcome! I was in Louisville when the NRA convention was there. Did I see you among the 30 million people on the show floor?

John
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• jwilson1985

hey welcome to the fourm

Comment

Welcome. Nice build. Did you try mounting your scope without the riser base, or does your objective not clear the handguard? Also, what loads does your rifle like, and we need group pictures of course!

Some video shooting suppressed wouldn't hurt my feelings either...

Comment

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
            Hey, AD, welcome! I was in Louisville when the NRA convention was there. Did I see you among the 30 million people on the show floor?

John
            i wanted to be there, unfortunatley i work out of town about 200 days out of the year and was not available to go.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              Welcome. Nice build. Did you try mounting your scope without the riser base, or does your objective not clear the hand guard? Also, what loads does your rifle like, and we need group pictures of course!

Some video shooting suppressed wouldn't hurt my feelings either...
              i originally didn't use the riser, but the cheek rest was all the way down and i still felt like i was straining to get a good sight picture. i put it on so i would have a little more adjust-ability and comfort while shooting. it works out nice but probably could have gone with one a bit shorter. As for rounds, i loaded up a batch of lapua scenars with lapua brass to start and it loved it, my favorite so far. also used the lapua brass with hornady bullets and those were nice as well. i had a few issues cycling some of the hornady factory loads, but all my loads with their brass have shot well. i have been sticking with vargat and accurate powders for now and winchester primers. i got some noslers sitting around waiting to get loaded up too, we'll see how those go. i will try to get some video with the suppressor soon, as well. thanks for the questions.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-26-2011, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X