Hello From Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Texas!

I am an AR enthusiast, sadly I'm not old enough to legally buy one myself but I know early everything that someone can know about them, and I hope to learn more
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome! There are guys who have spent 50 years learning abut the AR, and still are learning, sounds like you are ahead of the curve!

Comment

welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Brodady View Post
        I am an AR enthusiast, sadly I'm not old enough to legally buy one myself but I know early everything that someone can know about them, and I hope to learn more
        I've been breathing AR15 since I was no older than 13 or 14, and I still learn new things almost on a weekly basis. I've been shooting, living with, and using variants of the AR15 family since 1988. There's a ton of info out there, and when I run into someone that is very knowledgeable about the system, I pick their brain and try to turn my ears on and mouth off...which is pretty hard for me sometimes. Studying the original rifles from 1955-1967 is a lifetime project in and of itself, but has been worth it to me.

Welcome.

Comment

Thanks, and in that case...

Haha, i might not know so much about them after all, thank you for your kindness.

-Brodady

Comment

The old cliche holds true..."The more you study something, the more you realize how little you know."

You can start off by learning the torque specs for the barrel nut, flash suppressor, extension tube lock nut, bolt carrier key machine screws, method for sealing the bolt carrier key to the carrier per Milspec, the difference between 4150 & 4140 CMV steels, the specs for bolt steel, MPI, HPT testing standards, groove vs. bore diameter, gas port diameters for different gas system lengths and gas journal OD's, recipe for a reliable gas system, quality vs. questionable MIM'd parts, 6061 vs. 7075 T6 aluminum, and on and on and on....

I remember when I had every part of an AR15 memorized about halfway through my 10 years of Military service...I thought I knew it all. I didn't know so much, looking back.

Also, when it comes to life, there are 3 things a man can't be told how to do:

How to drive
            How to shoot, and...
            well, you get the point...

That is also our biggest weakness...the moment we stop learning.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-26-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Hey, Brodady, welcome!

John
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
                Hey, Brodady, welcome!

John
                Thank You!

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Howdy!

Comment

Working...
                  X