Your electronic campfire looked inviting. Hello the camp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Texas Sheepdawg

Your electronic campfire looked inviting. Hello the camp!

I just spent the last few months building my 6.5 Grendel from the ground up and it is almost finished so here I am. I live about 50 miles NE of Dallas out here in the Blackland Prairie where I have a small farm. I raise goats and our coyote population is higher than the one horse town that is about 6 miles from me. Enter the 6.5 Grendel. I've been a hunter my whole life. I've been reloading for about 28 years. I've been playing around with ARs for a couple of years now, and finished a 450 Bushmaster earlier this year. Some of you may reckognize me from the Thumper talk forum. A few months ago, I decided to build a 6.5 Grendel to put on top of one of my Stag Arms lowers that I built earlier this year. After doing a bunch of research and stumbling across this forum, I believe here is where I need to hang out to learn more about this interesting cartridge and it's capabilities. My 6.5 Grendel is going to be my long distance coyote rifle as well as another option for Texas White Tail.
    I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Welcome, Sheepdawg. You'll learn that this forum is just crawlin with Texans. Apparently, our state doesn't mind us playing with high caliber toys

I'm down here in the Austin area where it's so dry right now, I saw two trees fighting over a dog.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

I love it down there in the hill country. I've hunted a little bit down there. I killed a trophy Rio Grande Turkey down there back in 2005. 10 1/8 inch beard. If Heaven ain't a lot like Texas guess I'll just have to settle for Louisiana...
      When I retire, I may just settle down around Austin or New Braunfels.
      I'm expecting some 6.5 Grendel Ammo today so I might just put the Grendel on my 450 Bushmaster lower and sling a few rounds just to get the scope on paper.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-05-2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Welcome, you Texas boys on the forum are getting as thick as barbecue sauce on brisket!

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

BBQ?! Where? I'm ready! Is it dinner time? Did someone say BBQ?

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
            Welcome, you Texas boys on the forum are getting as thick as barbecue sauce on brisket!
            Yeah, we Texans definitely got it going with the Black Rifle love affair. Inside the Texas State line is where you want to be when the shooting starts.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Shot my first few test/zero rounds today through my 6.5 Grendel.
              Wow! Nice group.
              I use my lower for the 450 Bushmaster.
              Now if my stock would hurry up and ship
              I can use the lower with the Timney!

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Howdy! 'Nother Texan checking in.

OldCannon- where in Austin are you. In Leander myself.
                NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Hey txgunner, I'm in Pflugerville. I'm jealous of you cuz a) you're closer to the LaRue boys, and b) you're closer to my fave shooting range, Best of the West!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Howdy, TS, good to have ya!

John
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome. Any pics of that 11" bearded sheep?

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by OldCannon View Post
                        Hey txgunner, I'm in Pflugerville. I'm jealous of you cuz a) you're closer to the LaRue boys, and b) you're closer to my fave shooting range, Best of the West!
                        I'm out at BOTW often- we should meet up some time. Will you be at the Larue Range Day on the 12th?
                        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Fort Worth soon to be Dawson checking in.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                            Welcome. Any pics of that 11" bearded sheep?
                            Oh yeah. Lots. I just ain't figured out how to post them here.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                              I'm out at BOTW often- we should meet up some time. Will you be at the Larue Range Day on the 12th?
                              Sadly, no. My son is making his 3rd attempt at completing a 100 mile run (yes, 100 _miles_) in the Arizona desert that weekend, so I'll be there. Rotten timing, but family first!

Comment

Working...
                              X