Grendel brought to my attention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grendel brought to my attention

recently i had been waiting for an M14 ebr build by LRB (arguably the best in that field) and the 6.5 Grendel was brought to my attention. It is just what i was looking for! the capability of 1200 yards supersonic spoke to me. i am thinking of going with Alexander Arms for the 16'' piston and a lower with Vltor emod and better trigger. i understand the 16'' wont reach out that far but i like the idea of having a CQB out to how far with this length upper? i wish AA made a .556 lower so i could have a choice between a few calibers. what set up would you all recommend if im going to piece it together? is Alexander Arms the way to go for a full rifle build?

Lowers are completey interchangable. If you have a 556 upper you can slap that on or keep the grendel upper. What do you plan on doing primarily? Long range benchrest, hunting, etc..

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Any Lower stamped for 5.56 will work for a 6.5 Grendel. Most standard 5.56 Uppers will work too. It really comes down to your own personal tastes.
      Here is a link to my 6.5 Grendel experience.
      Maybe you can find a few pointers here.

By the way, Hoot is on both of these forums too and he was a great help to me.

Comment

I'd like to put together a quality build. Anyone have any suggestions for a 16" piston upper and .556 lower? I want a quad rail, Vltor emod, maybe a full top side rail, match grade barrel, etc

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Hey, L7, welcome! AA has a piston upper on a monolithic railed receiver you might want to check out.

John
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

• jwilson1985

welcome ...do more research on the piston ,its not all its thought to be.. but none the less welcome .and there is more info here then one could ever take in

Comment

Working...
              X