hello from ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from ohio

found site when looking for 6.5 grendel.after the Holiday's what to start my AR build.would like to build 2 uppers 5.56 NATO so the wife can shoot and home defense, and a 6.5 for long range. hoping to get alot of good information. shot m-16 in the air force.

welcome from another ohioan!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Welcome, Z1957! With the right load, 6.5 Grendel ain't gonna have that much recoil over 5.56N. Unless you just like 5.56N for wider ammo selection and SHTF scenarios.

What I'm saying is, don't get boxed into the thinking that 65G is long-range only. It also excels up close, as well. It's versatility from CQB to air-strike distance is its beauty and its genius!

John
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome! I learn more everyday about my grendel. Hope you do too.

MLM

Comment

thanks for the welcome. already learned something i can get by with just the 6.5 saves some money on another upper thanks again

Comment

• jwilson1985

welcome

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Howdy!
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Howdy was looking for any Buckeyes in the forum. I finally got my Grendel up and running kind of late. Only got to put 17 rds through. RR lower, crap can't think of barrel, Luopold scope, Magpul stock, 20 inch barrel. I bought several boxes of Hornady and Wolf will work on accuracy in spring. Ron

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Howdy from Texas!!!

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by zoner1957 View Post
                    thanks for the welcome. already learned something i can get by with just the 6.5 saves some money on another upper thanks again
                    Welcome Zoner, If you do decide to use two calibers look into the Templar Fast Rail. You can change barrels in about two minutes. The same upper and lower can shoot Grendel, 5.56, and 50 Beowulf.

Or, you can buy a short barrel for home defense, and a long barrel for the extra muzzle velocity at long range.

If you use 5.56, you need a different bolt. The Grendel and Beowulf use the same bolt.

Here's a Fast Rail with a Beowulf barrel mounted and a Grendel barrel above:

Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2011, 04:15 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Welcome. I also have a Quick Barrel Change system, the MGI, which takes about 30 seconds, but I still like leaving my 5.56 uppers dedicated and use the take-down system for convenience of cleaning, storing, maintaining, and experimenting with different barrels or calibers.
                      Last edited by Guest; 12-17-2011, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I knew you could swap-out uppers but this is the first I've seen about a barrel swap, that's sweet. This is very timely, I'm considering a 5.56 upper. Time for a little research.

Comment

Working...
                        X