Possum Hollow Trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possum Hollow Trimmer

I don't know if any of you guys use these things for trimming, but I think they're absolutely fantastic. My problem is finding one for the 6.5 grendel in stock along with all of the other stuff needed to reload (dies, case holder for a press, case holder for an auto prime, etc). Anyone been able to find them in stock, or am I relegated to requesting a special order from someone, if so, who?

i have one for the grendel. I was going to order it straight from Possum Hollow, but then I found one in stock at some online dealer. I can't remember the name of the place though. It was a small online shop.

Comment

found it! this is where I bought it. They aren't showing the grendel on their website, but they do carry them.

Gunstop is a premier dealer of reloading supplies and ammunition. Established in 1991, we pride ourselves on providing unbeatable value and client satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
        found it! this is where I bought it. They aren't showing the grendel on their website, but they do carry them.

http://www.gunstop.com/Store/Reloadi...w-Products-Inc
        Yeah I saw it in their catalog, I was hoping they would have the lee dies too so I could save on shipping.

Comment

They're my local reloading store. They have reasonable prices on Redding S type dies as well. I would have bought one if not for the fact that the only three bushings not in stock at the time I had my wallet in hand, were the ones I wanted for my Grendel So, I bought a Forster set and have been very happy with it. I was not impressed with the Hornady New Dimension set I initially bought. Resized the necks so tight as to cause the new cases to buckle when attempting to seat a bullet. No experience with Lee dies in this caliber, but I do use them for some of my other calibers, both rifle and pistol.

Hoot

Comment

Hoot, what brass did you have a problem with? Have been using Hornady to resize Lapua with no problems at all. Was using the Hornady seating die with no problems but have since bought the Forster micrometer style and boy is it nice and very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcues View Post
              Hoot, what brass did you have a problem with? Have been using Hornady to resize Lapua with no problems at all. Was using the Hornady seating die with no problems but have since bought the Forster micrometer style and boy is it nice and very accurate.
              I should have been more clear. I'm still use my Hornady seating die, which I actually like. I just replaced the Hornady resizing die with the Forster because of the issue I was having with Hornady brass. I bought myself a belated birthday (Oct 31) gift of a hundred AA (Lapua) brass, which shipped yesterday. It will be interesting to A/B performance between them and my remaining Hornady brass, using the same load.

Unfortunately, winter is due to arrive in earnest this weekend, so that may not happen until March if I'm lucky, April if we have a normal spring or May if it comes late like this year did. You never know though. Mother nature may have one or two warm (40s) days left up her sleeve yet this year. I've celebrated Thanksgiving with temps in the 50s and minus double digits below zero. [i]...like a box of chocolates...[/b]

Hoot

Comment

Working...
              X