West Houston Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Houston Hello

I thought this would be a good place to reside for awhile. I received my Satern barrel for the AR I'm building this AM. I'm an avid hunter and shooter who has realized the efficiency of the 6.5 mm caliber for quite some time but just recently become involved with the Grendel. I was given a 6.5 Swede as a wedding present quite a few years ago and shot it quite often at the ranch. I bought my wife her first deer rifle a .260 Model 7 the first year the cartridge came out, I believe that was 1997. I had to use my Powley Computer to find handloads for that rifle as there was no reloading data printed at that time. A couple of bullet companys mailed me data to get me started in the right direction. It didn't take much to get that rifle putting 120 gr Ballistic tips where you wanted them and a 150 yard neck shot killed her first deer the first time she shot her rifle. I've got a supply of Lapua brass and 123 gr Scenars I'll be loading as soon as I finish my rifle.Any and all tips or advice are appreciated.

-Will-
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Welcome, WD!

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Thanks John,

I've only been here a couple of days and I was pretty sure of the direction I wanted to go with my build, but I've learned and seen so much here I'm sort of in flux now LOL. I've been laid up since November as a result of someone trying to drive over my motorcycle and I thought I'd been to the end of the internet and back reading about ARs but this place is a treasure trove of information. I can't wait to get this rifle finished and get out to the range!

Cheers, Will

Comment

• RangerRick

Hi Will,

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Just wait til this forum really gets revved up. The old one had a ton of info. If you have questions, just ask. There is probably someone here who has tried everything you are thinking of and can give you the pros and cons.

Rick

Comment

Working...
        X