• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

New member here

Hello all, my name is Mike. I've had my Grendel for over a year now. I liked it so much I bought its dad the Beowulf. Both guns are fun to shoot and hog hunt with. Future plans are reloading and sound suppression2011-05-10_18-18-47_414.jpg

Welcome Mike!

Comment

Welcome Mike, cool set-up. What kind of Grendel ammo/loads are you using?

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Howdy! Nice toys.

Lots of Dallas area members here. Did you see the get together thread?
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

• 308skinner

Welcome!

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

Thanks everyone.

Grendel is a 16" tactical upper with a troy quad rail. The scope is the counter sniper mounted on a bobro quick release. I also have an nd3 mounted for night hunting. Drops pigs from 200 yards in total darkness

Beowulf is also 16" with a trijicon german#4 green dot I've been shooting 325gr xtp confirmed 3 pig killed with one shot fourth pig ram away never found but could hear him squealing off in the distance.

Both use the same lower receiver with AA custom trigger much improved on the standard trigger pull very clean break

And out all fits inside of the pelican case model 1700 with room to spare

I've been shooting hornady A-max 123. It drops the piggies pretty nicely. I have bought some equipment to reload the A-max bullets with Tac powder and wsr primers. I'm also looking into weather or not I can use the same powder and primers with the barnes tsx 120 so as not to have a lot of different powders and primers. I haven't been able to locate a recipe for the barnes yet so I was going to modify the recipe I got from hornady and see how it performed.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Howdy from up here NE of Dallas!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Hey, Mike, welcome!

John
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                  X