Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Range report, 123Amax, 115 Berger and 100gr

Spent some time at range yesterday. First the rifle:
    18" AA barrel, PWS brake
    RRA 2-stage trigger
    Bushnell 6500, 2.5-16x
    nothing too exotic.

First group of the day, 100gr Bergers over 29.3gr X-Term, CCI SR(not Mag), 2.25 COL
    The rifle was cleaned this summer, and first group in months. Only had 4 of these with me, previous chrony was 2710 on this load. Didn't bring Chrony today.

Seemed good, first shot was the left, top is to the left. Measured outside to outside, as all will be.

Then tried some 115 Bergers, AA special ammo. Didn't chrony but shot okay. Especially for me pulling the trigger!

That's two three shot groups. About the same, one strung horizontal(me) one vertical(?).

Last, three shot group with factory A-max.

This is about as bad as I've shot the A-max at 100 yards. Usually under 1" when measured edge to edge.

I was off bags letting the rifle recoil. Left hand under/ holding rear bag. Some say an AR will shoot better when holding firm? Also, I have a little play between upper and lower. Would a wedge help this? Or some other product that limits the "wiggle"?

Almost forgot, fired some 123 Lapua. First time, rifle didn't shoot well at 100 yards with them(just over 3"). At 200, group stayed almost same size. That was factory AA, Lapua brass. All other were Hornady.

Nice shooting, thanks for the report. But your groups are even better that what the calipers read, I always measure groups Center to Center, maybe I'm wrong but that's standard. Anyway, those groups would make me happy.

Comment

Nice report. Subtract .264" from all those readings and there you are.

Comment

Working...
      X