140 grain bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 grain bullets?

I am new here. I shoot 140 grain bullets in my 6.5 mauser. Will the grendel take 140s or are they too long? Has anyone tried it? I don't have the grendal yet but planning on purchasing an upper now that factory ammo is available.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

140's can be shot, but they are a little heavy for the available powder space. Can't get good enough velocity to take full advantage of the bullet.

Comment

At shorter ranges, say under 100yds wouldn't a 140gr bullet perform well for deer or hogs?

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I've shot some Speer HotCor 140's at 100y., and they were great ! They are heavy, yet barely longer than a 120 Nos.-bt. Start at 24.0 Tac- I stopped at 24.6 Tac= nice! Didn't chrono them- no interest for my hunts,, probably would be awesome for close-in oink hunts, anyone seen the .338 Spectre yet?= same idea, kinda..

Comment

Originally posted by jcordine View Post
          I am new here. I shoot 140 grain bullets in my 6.5 mauser. Will the grendel take 140s or are they too long? Has anyone tried it? I don't have the grendal yet but planning on purchasing an upper now that factory ammo is available.
          I tried the 140 Amax this past September. Here's the range report.

Hoot

Comment

When I first started I shot 140 remington corlockts They worked fine on hogs at 200 and 250 yards. I save my 140 gr bullets for my mauser now and use 120 and 130 gr in the grendel. The 130 hunting bullets work well in both the mauser and the grendel.

Comment

Working...
            X