The time has come for 6.5 :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time has come for 6.5 :-)

I found my way to your secluded world here in the back corners of the interwebs via arfcom.

I have been struggling for the longest about getting a .308 (semi), but could never justify the weight, cost, non standard AR15 parts.

After much studying the 6.5 seems to be the ticket for all things hunting and target shooting.

I need a barrel and bolt. What sayth thou on the best place, price, and time frame to acquire such?

Templar Custom has grendel barrel/bolt combos. Their cut rifled pipes will run you about 575 and are extremely accurate.

Comment

• RangerRick

+1 on Templar. Call or e-mail Bob Reynolds and he'll get you squared away. Contact info below:

(877) 878-2334
      bobjr@templarconsultingllc.com

RR

Comment

+1 for Templar, as well as Alexander Arms. If you get a cut-rifled barrel from either, it will be a shooter. If you don't need cut-rifled, just get a $260-$350 button-rifled barrel/bolt combo from AA.

Comment

I am looking at getting an 18inch barrel fluted or dimpled and bolt properly head spaced. What kind of wait time do these barrels have from the two suppliers mentioned?

Comment

Last time i checked Templar has them on had ready to ship. call bob and find out. AA might take a bit longer. what is your budget?

Comment

Budget is always relative. I like quality. What am I looking at?

Buy once, cry twice

Comment

for a bartlein cut rifled barrel/bolt combo it'll run ya 575 from Templar. Thats what i paid. High quality stuff. Many forum members can verify that claim. The best ive gotten with a 20" so far has been a 1/4 3 shot group in which 2 bullets went in the same hole using factory hornady. The worst has been a 5 shot group that is just under an inch at 100 yards. The barrel can shoot better than i can but im catching up.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Hey, Spikes, good to have ya!

John
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas!!! I am real excited about the 6.5!!!

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Howdy and welcome.

I don't know if any Satern 6.5g pipes are still floating around but their quality is top notch. Cut, hand lapped rifling.
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                      X