Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

This is so nice to see this site up again. I started thinking about building my first grendel after poking around on this site before and when I was about to start the site went down! Just stopped by to check and surprise ! good to see it up I am a newbe to grendels and for that matter ar-15's. I am currently working with kim over at Satern Machine getting the details worked out for a barrel. They have been just super people to work with ! Good communications and always get back to me pretty quick. I have been thinking about a 18" barrel with 8.75 twist. not shure if I should extend the barrel out to 19" or 20". And I am not sure about fluting the last thing I want to do is possibly compromise the integrity of this barrel. This is the first barrel I have ever had made. I am not sure on the gas system mid length or rifle. I may want to add a suppressor in the future. I have a Mega billet upper and lower and a young carrier. I have ordered a ar-15 gold trigger. Any recomendations or thoughts would be most welcome. ( John thank you for all your effort for giving us such a great sight.)
    Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2011, 06:56 AM.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Great to have ya, RP! I've met Steve and Deb Satern in person, and they're great folk and a lot of fun to hang around. Steve's ability with pints of Guinness is truly quite amazing, but I digress. . . . Anyway, I've got an Satern 18" fluted barrel that shoots like it's magnetically connected to the target! You'll enjoy. . . .

Any questions you have, choose the appropriate forum section and have at it.

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Thanks john for the info it helps . Thank you for getting the sight up.

Comment

+1 for Kim, Debra, and Steve being super people to deal with. I just got my barrel this AM. I probably won't sleep tonight.

-Will-

Comment

I know the feeling.

This will be my first custom gun barrel. I feel like a kid waiting for x-mess!!! I have three children raised on a mechanics wages LOL. The two oldest are 22 yrs ,21 yrs now and the youngest is 16yrs. I can hardly wait to get it all done and try her out.

Comment

Working...
          X