Looking for Norma 120 grain FMJBT bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Norma 120 grain FMJBT bullets

Although the Alexander Arms data shows this bullet being used, I have been unable to find a vendor that sells them. Does anyone know where I might get some? I would also like to find out if anyone knows about good deals on the Norma 130 grain bullet (not the moly coated one though).

If you cannot find them try the Bergers, if those are too expensive you cannot go wrong with 123 AMAX.

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by noone View Post
      Although the Alexander Arms data shows this bullet being used, I have been unable to find a vendor that sells them. Does anyone know where I might get some? I would also like to find out if anyone knows about good deals on the Norma 130 grain bullet (not the moly coated one though).
      Noone:

I have experience with the 130 Norma match bullets. They won't give an edge. Even if you can find a load / twist rate / chamber that gives you any consistency with them.

Shot a bunch with a couple of Grendels and two .260 barrels with no better results.

They look cool though.

LR55

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by noone View Post
        A few of us did a group buy special order through Sports World Tulsa (contact info below) about this time last year. They ordered a few thousand and broke them down for us into lots of 100.

They may still have some left. If you call them ask for Chris. Ask how how many they have left and post it here, if you would be so kind, I might order a few more if they are available.

Nobody seems to stock them here but in Europe they are popular for bird and fur shooting because there is less damage to the bird/pelts. They are also good for dangerous game.

I think they did pretty well in Bill Waites test of steel penetration. I know some of the guys who wanted them were law enforcement and wanted to test them for accuracy after windshield penetration.

They are nice boat tail bullets and are of Norma's usual high quality. They are actually much nicer than the Norma catalog picture.

It took forever to get them because we had to wait until the importer filled a shipping container to bring them in from Sweden.

Since 1976, Sports World has helped make memorable outdoor adventures with the best guns, firearms accessories, knives, ammo and shooting gear

6841 East 41st Street, Tulsa
        (918) 742-4027

Rick

Comment

As you probably already know, Black Hills is listed as the U.S. Distributor for Norma. You may be able to contact them about your bullets?

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Midway shows the 120gr Norma in stock.

Note the description: Norma Bullets 6.5 Grendel (264 Diameter) 120 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              Midway shows the 120gr Norma in stock.

Note the description: Norma Bullets 6.5 Grendel (264 Diameter) 120 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail
              That's new. Cool! It took months for the special order to come in.

Comment

Working...
              X