Another North Texan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another North Texan

New to this forum and to the 6.5. I am needing info on converting my Dtech 223 to the 264lbc if the convertion isn't to costly. I have been through the sight and havn't seen anything. I use my 6.8spc most of the time and like the longer range of the 6.5. Found this to be a very good sight and polite.
    I see there are others in my area around here.

Paul

Welcome, I looked at the 6.8spc before I built my Grendel. Looking at rifles for deer hunting the Grendel and 6.8 are comparable <250yds but if you want to go long it's hands down Grendel. Plus the 6.5 bullet variety and BC is so good.

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

Welcome from N.Texas

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Howdy! No help from me but I'm sure someone with the knowledge you seek will be along.
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by semo97 View Post
          New to this forum and to the 6.5. I am needing info on converting my Dtech 223 to the 264lbc if the convertion isn't to costly. I have been through the sight and havn't seen anything. I use my 6.8spc most of the time and like the longer range of the 6.5. Found this to be a very good sight and polite.
          I see there are others in my area around here.

Paul
          Welcome!

Conversion requires a bolt and barrel combo, along with new mags. Barrel/bolt combos can run anywhere from about $300 too $600-700 depending on what you want.

I would wonder why anyone would use the .264 LBC instead of the SAAMI Grendel chamber, though?

Lots of Texans here!

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Welcome Semo!!! I am in LIPAN!!!! So we are practically next door neighbors!!! ha ha ha !

Comment

Welcome. I have the same question as bwaites.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                Welcome!

Conversion requires a bolt and barrel combo, along with new mags. Barrel/bolt combos can run anywhere from about $300 too $600-700 depending on what you want.

I would wonder why anyone would use the .264 LBC instead of the SAAMI Grendel chamber, though?

Lots of Texans here!
                I just read up on the SAAMI Gredel in the general and I may missed something but it is just about trademark rights, there is no change to the chamber. Like I said I probably miss it totaly.
                I want the the 264 chamber because I like to shot one or two bullet wts. and I understand the 264 goes that way. and the Grendel chamber can us a variety of bullet wts.
                Educate me I may change my approach.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Grendel-Gene View Post
                  Welcome Semo!!! I am in LIPAN!!!! So we are practically next door neighbors!!! ha ha ha !
                  Not to far apart, just went through there a week ago.

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by semo97 View Post
                    I just read up on the SAAMI Gredel in the general and I may missed something but it is just about trademark rights, there is no change to the chamber. Like I said I probably miss it totaly.
                    I want the the 264 chamber because I like to shot one or two bullet wts. and I understand the 264 goes that way. and the Grendel chamber can us a variety of bullet wts.
                    Educate me I may change my approach.

Paul
                    There actually is a slight difference between the two chambers. Why would you want to limit your bullet choices? The Grendel chamber design in general shoots a wide variety of bullets very well whereas the LBC tends to only like a narrow range of bullet designs.
                    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                      There actually is a slight difference between the two chambers. Why would you want to limit your bullet choices? The Grendel chamber design in general shoots a wide variety of bullets very well whereas the LBC tends to only like a narrow range of bullet designs.
                      I am aware of the difference. It is just me, I like to set up my rifles to a one or maybe two types of bullet wt. and style that are very close to each other. Then I know exactly what its ability is when I use it. I shoot from 52gr. to 168 gr. bullets from 223 to a 308 with several others calibers in between. That covers what I want to shoot.
                      Personaly I do not know all the politics going on with the 6.5 and who can do what and I won't take sides.
                      I just want to get a good barrel and chamber that will work for my needs.
                      I always take accuracy over variaty and velocity but thats me. I am not an expert in any of it but do lots of research in what I think may work, still not sold on the 6.5 sure like the 260 rem..

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

S97, great to have ya!

John
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• jwilson1985

welcome ,lots of info and all help here.im sooner borne,,, but grew up in and outside of wichita falls,quana,

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Dawg here, reporting in! Welcome to the electronic campfire!

Comment

Thank you for all the welcomes, look forward to learning and recieving advice.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X