Hello!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!!

Hello my name is Jacob. I am 20, live in Tallahassee Florida, and attend FSU's School of Engineering. I have had a 24" Grendel that i built using a J&T kit and have had it for about a year. I love that gun and love shooting it. I also have a 16" AR in 5.56.

Look forward to learning about my new found love of shooting from you guys. Thanks in advance for answering all my n00by questions

Jacob
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!! Glad to have another engineer/engineer to be on board!

Comment

Welcome, ask away. You'll get answers, the guys here collectively are a great source of info.

Comment

• RangerRick

Welcome, Jacob! I went to N.C. State. FSU kicked our butts in football this year, but at least we wore Clemson out.

Hang in there and get that degree, it's a lot of hard work, but worth it.

RR

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome aboard!!!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Welcome. Does your engineering degree cover any CAD/SolidWorks applications, learning about machinability, etc.? Anything in the curriculum that they discuss about what they're teaching now, versus 10 years ago?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Great to have ya, Jacob!

John
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Welcome. Does your engineering degree cover any CAD/SolidWorks applications, learning about machinability, etc.? Anything in the curriculum that they discuss about what they're teaching now, versus 10 years ago?
                I actually havent started yet. I will probably start in the spring. Right now i am just finishing out all my prerequisites like Calc III and Differential Equations.

I say probably because i am considering joining the Air National Guard and that would put me back a year.

Comment

Nice to meet you Jacob. I am currently a student at WGU studying Information Technology with a networking emphasis. I am new here as well and hope to learn as much as I can about the 6.5 grendel and AR-15's in general. When you are in school money is tight, but it is well worth the effort. Study hard!

Comment

• seikialice88

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Comment

• txgunner00
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by seikialice88 View Post
                      Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
                      Hi troll. So what does the link in your Sig line really do.
                      Last edited by txgunner00; 12-22-2011, 05:55 AM.
                      NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                      X