Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanguard138

Sinclair priming tool

Does anyone use the sinclair priming tool? Is it worth it? I currently use a lee auto primer.
  • oneshotkyle

ive had a lee and rcbs priming tool for years and there is no comparison. although i still use my lee primer tray to flip all the primers.

Comment

• vanguard138

Tks

Comment

No experience with the Sinclair but I really like RCBS and held. It runs very smoothly and the universal shell holder has worked great for me so far. Much better than the Lee it replaced.

Comment

This is not really an answer to your question, but I have been through a couple of Lee hand primers and their ram primer, ram primer with auto feed, etc. I have ended up with an RCBS bench mounted primer which costs about the same as the Sinclair you are considering. The bench primer has given me the best results. I mounted mine to a piece of 1x8 which I clamp to the bench when it time to prime. Something you might consider.

Comment

• vanguard138

Tks Jamie45, I will take a look at the RCBS before I make a decision.

Comment

• Butch O'Hare

I have two Sinclair priming tools, which I have used for many years, and have some experience with the Lee tool as well. The Sinclair is far superior to the Lee in quality, is precise to use and permits the handloader to have an excellent feel for the action of seating the primer. If it matters to you, it is also portable and can stowed away easily when not in use so as not to clutter up your bench (an important issue for me). The one disadvantage is that it does not have a reservoir, so it may be slower than some of the other tools that have been mentioned, but precision, and not speed, is its virtue. Choose what seems to fit your goals.

Comment

• Royal Lancer

I've 2 sinclair primers, a lee auto primer tool. I have had a primer tray explode on the lee, so only use sinclair now. ( since about 1995)
                I just grab some primers, sinclair tool, turn on so music or tv and prime my cases. If I'm in a hurry I use my Dillion 650 and Dillions' primer machine.
                They are trendy in price, but Sinclair(brownells now) has them on sale now for Xmas.
                Buy the companion box and a couple of extra tool heads because you'll find how fun they are. Sinclair has shell holders also Lee auto prime holders work.
                I've replaced the small set screw the adjusts the priming punch holder with a knurled one so I can adjust height easier.
                Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2011, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X