New member from MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from MN

Hello, totally new to the AR platform. Been debating between the 6.8 SPC II and Grendel 6.5. I decide to build a Grendel for deer hunting and maybe target shooting in the future.
  • Grendel-Gene

Welcome to the Grendel Horde! None of us bite here, ( mostly - ha ha!!! ) so make yourself at home!!!

Comment

Welcome, I had the same debate between the 6.8 and 65G, I think you'll be very happy with you choice. I know i am.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Welcome!

Comment

• RangerRick

Welcome, good choice.

RR

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Hey, Tank, great to have ya!

John
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• jwilson1985

yes,welcome. I think you will be very pleased in you 6.5. The 2 rounds hardly compare.Then if you decide to go longer ranges the option is there.

Comment

Welcome. I also watched and paid close attention to the developments with these two cartridges before pulling the trigger on the Grendel, which is what more suits my needs. Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of difference within 0-350yds with the same barrel length carbines, shooting the same types of projectiles in similar weight classes, but the Grendel gets it done with 150fps slower muzzle velocity, and trucks on past 400yds much better.

More options, more brass sources, and affordable factory ammo are also nice pluses to have behind the cartridge.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Welcome Tank, good choice on the Grr, what part of the state do you reside in ?

Comment

Working...
                  X