New from Buffalo, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Buffalo, NY

Just purchased my first AR platform rifle, of this caliber. I don't often get out to shoot much but I'm hoping this recent purchase might help to get me going a bit. Did some basic research on the Grendel 6.5 before I purchased and decided on the Grendel as I already have (2) .223 rifles and none of the other calibers seemed to offer what the 6.5 does.

I'll be asking stupid questions from time to time and will ask about sources, quality, and pricing on ammunition. Thanks to all and be safe.
  • Grendel-Gene

There are no stupid question .... ok, maybe a few... Ha Ha ! but we all ask them once in a while. Welcome to the Horde!!!

Comment

Welcome, welcome, ask away, there are a lot of guys here willing to spread the word about the Horde.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Welcome!

Comment

• RangerRick

Welcome! Wow we are getting a lot of new folks on here.

RR

Comment

Welcome. Ask away...

Comment

• jwilson1985

welcome, and its assured no one will mind you asking questions . we all have and still do
              Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2011, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Just an update. I know it's been awhile but things have been more than busy. Finally got out last weekend to shoot my 6.5 that I assembled over a year ago. Once I got some bugs worked out, I was impressed and already looking forward to my next trip to the range. My assembly buddy (who claimed to have assembled dozens of AR platform rifles) installed the trigger group pin incorrectly. I managed to locate the correct one and tht was solved. I also kept having problems with the buffer tube not being screwed in completely and causing problems with the buffer detent. Got that all corrected and ran about 100 rounds through. Got tired of the 10 ring @ 100 yds so got curious to see what the Hornady's would do to the steel target stand. I think I only missed once.

With our wonderful new laws enacted by Governor Cuomo (aka: asshole, dickweed, the Devil, political back door deal maker) I'm going to need to look into home reloading as no shops I've been to locally carry the 6.5. Can't order ammo on the net anymore. If you're thinking of coming to New York, please don't do it.

Grendel in black.

Comment

Is that part of the bill, that you can't order ammo online anymore?

Comment

Backgreound check is required. So, no mail order. Devils.

Comment

• ericv
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2011

Welcome buffalo, fellow bent over the rail New Yorker.

To mail order ammo we need to ship to an ffl willing to receive it for us, sucks big time.

Ask away brother, we've all been there for sure. You won't get flamed here like other sites.
                      Rock Hollow Tactical Carbon Fiber Free Float Hand Guards
                      www.rockhollowtactical.com

Comment

Welcome, and best of luck to you, with the new regs

Comment

• Variable
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Condolences, and welcome aboard!
                          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                          X