Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanguard138

New order of brass

I just received a shipment brass. I had to sign for it!! Is this a new requirement of the Imperial Federal government?

No. I ordered some from AA recently and when I got the shipping notice and discovered it was going out "signature required", I emailed them immediately asking if it could be sent "no signature required" as my wife and I work during the day and the carrier had not picked it up yet. Shortly after that email, I got one back from Steve A. saying no problem, but my order went to the bottom of the to-be-shipped pile and it cost me 3 days. Though I did not inquire why they chose "signature required", I'm certain it is not a federal requirement. More a merchant choice.

Hoot

Comment

Hoot,

you can sign up w/ups on line and change delivery time or address or ask them to hold it for you at the warehouse for pick up.

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

In my experience, AA always seems to ship with signature required unless specifically requested not to.
        Drifter

Comment

Had the same issue coming from AA and no one home during the day for a signiture, I too thinks its a Merchant's choice.

Bill?

Comment

Its to protect them in case of stolen or claimed non deliverys ..
            if you have sig then you know who received the package

What irks me is that UPS will let anyone sign .. we had a driver pull in the driveway and hand a package to a customer in the parking lot.. Did not even ask if he was an employee..
            Another time I came home to find a 50 Cal and 100's of rounds of 50 cal ammo left at the doorstep .. Shipped sig required and driver just left it at the door
            Smoke

Comment

• vanguard138

That's logical. I live out in the country and my ups person knows to leave packages requiring signature with my neighbor down the road if no one is home. Glad it was not another intrusion. Lol.

Comment

Working...
              X