• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sojorboy
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Hello form The Bahamas

Sorry, I never offically signed in..... I found this site while researching the Grendel as a new deer rifle. Folks on here have been very helpful with my selections on purchasing a Grendel and the hardware to go with it. Thanks again for all your help.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Howdy. Are you hunting deer in the Bahamas or in FL?
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Sojorboy
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

I hunt deer and hog in Fl and S.C. and hogs and doves in The Bahamas. Firearms laws are very limited in The Bahamas. We're allowed shotguns, with minnium 20" barrels and .22 lr rifles for the average citizen. Some of us, Captains, Farmers, and select citizens who pass very strict guide lines can own 223 rifles and the very elete can own 30-06 n 308. All firearms must be registered with the Goverment with an annual license fee of $50 for shotguns and $100 for rifles. There are also very strict limits on the amount of ammo in your possession (150 rounds) and annual limits (1000 rounds) as well.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Welcome, SB!

John
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Welcome, sounds like even paradise has it's drawbacks.

Comment

• RangerRick

Welcome! Which island are you on? I didn't know there were hogs there.

RR

Comment

• Sojorboy
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

There are hogs on Abaco, Andros and Eleuthera Islands that I know of, maybe more on other Islands. Abaco also has a few wild horses and a few wild black angus cows. A friend of mine shot a hog tonight that weighted 54 lbs and had 2.5" cutters. The land is tough and the hogs don't grow much over 150 lbs but they do have some nice tusks.
              Last edited by Sojorboy; 12-18-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• leopard6.5

Sojorboy: Now if only there was a holiday coming up where someone big and jolly could bring you a really nice present!
                Oh that's right there is.

Welcome to the horde and keep those questions coming.

Lee

Comment

• Sojorboy
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2011

Lee, I won't tell Tim you said he's "big and jolly"....or maybe there's something else I don't know about..........um ??

Comment

• leopard6.5

LOL! Hey I was being polite( I know it's hard to believe) and talking about myself.

Of course I will have to tell him your first assumption was that it was him. Just kidding.

Lee

Comment

Working...
                    X