100 grain hornady amax 6.5 bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 grain hornady amax 6.5 bullet

I was at the hornady webiste and saw they are building a new bullet for 6.5 a 100 grain amax with a nice BC. I hope they make a factory load for it! Just wanted to let everyone else know. I read that nosler is making a new 6.5 bullet, the grendel seems to be gaining alot of popularity and new bullets and products are coming out which is great! I have also read that steel cased inexpensive ammo from russia will be aviable in the next few months for the grendel. More good news!
  • RangerRick

Hi Smokey,

There have been some threads on here about the AMax and steel case ammo. Any more info about the Nosler bullet? Size, design?

The 100 AMax is a nice bullet, but a little fat in the nose for the Grendel. Fortunately it is short enough that you can seat it pretty deep and still get enough powder in.

RR

Comment

I read about the nosler here, its a 123 competition bullet, that would give four options in that size from hornady, lapua, nosler, an sierra, all but the lapua list a .510 BC. the 123 grain seems to be the best match for the lapua of BC and velocity for long range shooting, but I thought the hornady has a BC for its light wieght so I thought it might perform well in the grendel.

Comment

We concluded that the listed BC for the 100gr AMAX is a typo, and more like .390 for G1...no way it's in the high .4's, let alone .5's...also, cut 8-10% off the Lapua 123gr Scenar, or just use the radar doppler data. No need for BC and theoretical drag models, but G7 is about the same for practical ranges of the cartridge.

Comment

Working...
        X