Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellow from an Old Grendel fan.

Hi,
    This is Bob Stokes from Florida. Good to see that the Forum is back up and doing well.
    I still have a few of my Grendels and shoot them frequently but have been concentrating on achieving Distinguished Rifleman status for the past three years. I have 14 of the required 30 points down and could complete it in 2012 if all goes well.
    My hunting has also taken a back seat to my High Power Rifle competition. Last year and this year I only hunted whitetail with my bow in Montana. I took a P&Y 10 point last year along with two does, and an 8 point this year that was a little shy of P&Y and again two does and a coyote.
    I've kept two bolt and two AR Grendels, a Stolle Panda single shot, and Remington Model 7 repeater, a Les Baer and a AA ultralight.
    I look forward to joining in on some of the conversations.
    Bob
  • leopard6.5

Welcome back Bob: Good luck with the high power and you and yours have a great Christmas.

Lee

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Welcome back!

There have been lots of questions re: bolt action Grendels, I figure you are the man to ask!!

Comment

Boy. a Grendel Guy from the old days, don't hear that much. Welcome from a newbee. Good luck on your Distinguished Rifleman status.

Ho Ho Ho

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Bob!!! Welcome back Sir!!! It's great to hear from you. I always enjoyed your posts, and I've wondered what happened to you.

Merry Christmas, and I hope to read more of your posts here in the future!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Bob,

Welcome back daddeeeee. I was wondering where you were and how you're doing. Great to have you back. A buddy of mine had a custom CZ Grendelized, and is running Lapua 139gr Scenars at 2700 fps. Maybe you can post some of your bolt gun results in the appropriate thread. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Bob, good to have you back. I always enjoyed your post, you were just completing the Stolle Panda how has it performed?

John

Comment

Welcome back sir

Comment

John,
                  The Stolle Panda was built for one specific purpose, to compete at a local club midrange match in the any rifle, any sight category. In this role it has performed very well, but I have failed to win that match due to superior marksmanship of my fellow competitors. Even my personal best of 500-35X failed to best the winning score of 500-43X. The rifle is capable of 500-50X just with me driving it, I introduce just enough error to loose. However, I am getting better and maybe this year I can prevail. The competition is very stiff here in Florida an a new pending national midrange record was just fired last month of 200-20X + 1X, and this was fired with metallic sights.
                  Bob
                  PS thanks to all for the welcome

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Great to have you back, Bob!

John
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                    X