Reloading Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading Bench

If you were starting from scratch, what reloading components would you use. I was thinking about a kit, but everyone seems to say that you are buying parts you will rarely use, so I am thinking about build my own.

I went with RCBS starter kit. It comes with just about everything you need with the exception of dies. The only upgrades I've made are to buy a uniflow powder measurer and an electronic scale. I did have to buy a tumbler for cleaning brass ..... but that's typical. I'm really happy with the ammo it produces.

The only things that came with the kit .... that I don't use is the lube pad and wet case lube. Either item is a 5 dollar item. The only reason I don't use them is because I prefer Imperial Sizing wax and thier dry lube in the little pellets. I use everything else, inlcuding the beam scale (although not as much).
    Last edited by Guest; 12-26-2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I've tried the very inexpensive alternatives -- and concluded that the best start is a simple single-station press, decent dies, a balance scale, and the RCBS Uniflow powder measure.

I would also add the RCBS Hand Priming Tool. I have the Universal tool also, but think you'll be happier with the older model. Either one is probably better than priming on your press.

The RCBS and Redding are my favorites.

Comment

• Retooferab

I jumped in knee deep! I went with the Redding Big Boss II press, RCBS Charge-master, RCBS Hand primer, hand case prep tools and added the Sinclair ultimate trimmer and a lymen tumbler later. Now I am wanting a thumblers tumbler and stainless media but I haven't done it yet!
        I have no regrets either. I did buy it all of on sale though so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
        I used Midsouth Shooters Supply And Natchez SS for most of it.

Comment

Yeah ..... forgot that one. I agree with the hand priming tool. That was my very next purchase.

Comment

Lee Classit Turret press kit, absolutely love it, a good case trimmer and debur tool, tumbler, shell holder, powder trickler. Thats what I have, and have been using for over two years now loading everything from .380 to 7mm mag, and a bunch in between.

Comment

If you have the coin, Hornady’s lock-n-load classic kit seems to have all the stuff you need with minimum stuff you won’t use. My next vote would be RCBS rock chucker Supreme. These are not cheap, but I am still using the press from the kit I bought back in the early 70’s.

Comment

Working...
              X