Reloader 15 and the 123gr AMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloader 15 and the 123gr AMAX

Following the thread on AR Comp and the 123 Amax, I tried some R15 loads over the past few days. I tried 27 - 29.5 grains with a seating of 2.240" in Lapua brass with CCI 450s. I don't show any pressure signs although there is heavy crunching at the top end.

It looks like 29.4gr will be my sweet spot. I don't have a chrono. I go by groups on target if pressures look okay. I have a long barrel. I think it is a 28" which should be fine for this powder and bullet combo.

I am getting some diagonal stringing. I have a new scope coming soon. I plan to do some more shooting once I get everything in place. The worst groups were 1.25". The best groups were about 0.75". Almost any of them could be very good with some tweaking.

With my match AR in .223, I was getting 0.50" groups with no stringing. So, I think my technique is okay. I will report back as I try some more of this loading when I can resupply with bullets.

Update: My powder measure wasn't throwing accurate charges. I went back to the range and got many groups below 0.75 MOA.

Comment

Working...
    X