Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CavTrooper

Anyone wanna trade some bullets?

Went through quite a few different bullets before I settled on a couple loads that worked (for the most part). Found out my gun likes the 95-100 grain bullets better than the heavier ones and that it doesnt like scenars at all. Still looking for a good hog killing bullet since the 100gr Noslers BTs Im using doesnt seem to be doing the trick all that well, so Im seeing if anyone is interested in doing some trading of bullets nd load data.

The loads Im using now are:

27.7gr 8208 under 95gr Hornady VMax... excellent light skinned round (coyotes and prairie dogs) and the same charge with 100gr Nosler BTs for hog/deer. The 100gr bullet is doing ok, but not producing that shot and drop that I would like, even when I put a good hit on a critter. Would like to find some more solid bullets like the Barnes Tipped TSX 100 grainers or something.

Ive got these if someone wants to trade...

several hundred- 120gr Sierra Matchkings

98- 100gr Lapua Scenars

35- 120gr Barnes TSX

Im shooting an 18" 1-8 twist AR Stoner barrel from Midway, it shoots really well with the loads Ive got worked up, not so good with the bullets Ive got listed. If anyone has some load data and bullets they wanna trade, let me know.

Thanks!

I'd love to tinker with the Barnes TSX bullets for a deer load as an alternative to the 123 Amax load I use. 28.5gr Ar-Comp = 2615 fps from my 24".

Wicked accurate and good from -20 to +140 F.

Unfortunately, all I have on hand are some 140gr Amax, 100 & 120 NBT and 123 Amax.

Hoot
    Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2012, 04:30 AM.

Comment

interested in the 120s Sierrias. PM sent

Comment

I'ld like the Barnes, PM sent.

Comment

Cav Trooper Let me know when You get the 100 grainers

Comment

• magnumruger

I have quite a few of Sierra Match King 107's available. I'd be interested in some NBT 120's. Possible???

Comment

Cav Trooper got the Sierras
              Thanks Guy tickled to death on my end.

Comment

Working...
              X