.264 LBC Reloading dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .264 LBC Reloading dies

Does it make a difference whether I use a Grendel Re-sizing die for my Les Baer Chamber?

I have had some issues with sizing the brass and them not chambering properly.

Some say that they are the same dies.

Comment

• Greyfox
      Bloodstained
      • May 2011

Hornady dies will work with your .295 neck. My LW barrel has a tight chamber and .295 neck like LB's.

I had to grind down the top of my shellholder to size my brass enough. I have zerro headspaced chamber and need to set back the shoulder to factory spec's.

Greyfox
      Last edited by Greyfox; 01-02-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Will you take a picture of the top of your shellholder for me? What ammunition gauge do I need to get?

Comment

What dies and what press are you using? Hornady told me that the dies for the Grendel and LBC AR are the same dies just different package. Hornady dies work in either chamber.

Comment

• Greyfox
            Bloodstained
            • May 2011

dega37. Hornady sells the "Lock-N Load Headspace Gauge" set. It's allot easier to use than my "Wilson Case Gauge". Both are very good to have. You will need a caliper to measure with ether one you get.

What you want is to set the shoulder back .003" on the resized case for an AR15 rifle. This way you do not have to take a block of wood to pound on your chargeing handle because your bolt will not open up at the range.

To grind down the top of the shellholder you need the following: vise-belt sander-caliper.
            Measure the hight of the shellholder. Secure it in the vise. Sand the top of the shellholder and remeasure. Keep doing this untill you have sanded off to the size you need. Try to keep everything as even as you can.

Greyfox

Comment

Brickcues, Using XL 650 and was using Redding Type S with bushing. Greyfox, that gauge is only for headspace, and I am pretty sure my problem is with the case body too. When you say resize the shoulder, how do you measure that?

Comment

• Greyfox
                Bloodstained
                • May 2011

dega37. Use a caliper to measure your case at the base, shoulder, neck,etc. Your dies should resize the case smaller than a fired case dimentions. To measure how far you push the shoulder back toward the base you need a gauge. I have used the Wilson case gauge and the Hornady case guage to measure the shoulder set back. I think the AA gauge is the same as the top website. I think it is a gauge made to chamber specs and works as a go-nogo gauge. The Wilson is not like the other two as it is only for shouder setback.

I just use the caliper and measure my cases to see that the resized dimentions are smaller than my fired case.Then check to see that the shoulder sets back .003" with the Hornady gauge.
                Greyfox

Comment

Roger, thanks Greyfox

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

AA Gauges are made by Sheridan Engineering. Unless something has changed, Umlaut doesn't machine anything, they assemble parts from other manufacturers or have parts made for them by other manufacturers. Nothing wrong with that, that's how most AR businesses get started.

Comment

Working...
                    X