New muzzle break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New muzzle break

I just got this new break the other day from Ross Schuler. He custom machined it to match my barrel OD and gave me the tapper I wanted which was 20deg and drilled the port to .020" over bullet diameter (.284"), and tapped it to match my barrel thread (9/16-24). I was very impressed with his handy work and machining skills. At $45 shipped this was an outstanding deal. It tops off the Grendel with style.
    Here's his web site. http://home.comcast.net/~MOA_Shooter...zzleBrakes.htm

yep its a Satern 24"... it just needs some cerakote

How did you get it to sit flush against your barrel and still be in time?

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. I think I got lucky. All I used was high temp loctite. It didn't need any kind of crush/peel washer to time it. I was surprised by that...
      The only thing I would suggest is if you order one ask him to add a shallow counter bore (.125" deep) to the face of the break that mates to the muzzle. When I first got mine I couldn't thread it all the way down because the barrel threads do not thread all the way to a barrel shoulder face. I had a friend machine the counter bore in his lathe. The end result turned out great!

Comment

It did turn out great! but i think that you got a little bit lucky. I cant imagine that it happens everytime. I think im going to request mine counter sunk instead. Thanks for sharing love the pics!

Comment

That brake looks very clean smoke 13. Have you has a chance to shoot the gun with the brake installed yet?

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

You did get lucky. I paid my gunsmith a lot more than that to make me a break that didn't need washers.
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

Ross is top notch. I have two brakes from him and he can make them for just about any caliber and thread.
              Here's my finished Ross Brake on my AA 24" 6.5 Grendel.

Here is the Ross Brake on my 20" 450 Bushmaster
              Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X